did l give my self hyperhidrosis

jonny360

hi. l am really upset with what is going on.

to start l have always sweated under my arms since l was about 15. l have always suffered from some depression. almost 2 months ago l got mad at other life things and was stupid anf punched my self in the face, not very hard but enough to cause a bruse by my eye. anyway that night a few hours later l noticed my hands were sweating a little bit, then the next night l realy noticed it. now my hands are sweating all the time, which they never did before. this was 2 months ago and they are still sweating, l an turning 23 in a month. this doesnt make any sence to be sweating because of that, my feet are also sweating now but only when l am up walking around for the most part. my hands dont seem to really sweat when l am just not moving them but once l rub my fingers together they then sweat. they are like clamy for the most part.

my doctor says its stress because hydrosis can't be caused by a hit to the head.

l need some answers.

Last edited:

hyp-hi

I think your doctor is on the right track. I've never heard of anyone instantly developing HH after being hit in the head. It's more likely tied to the stress in your case.

jonny360

l dont think it's stress. l am calm most of the time. even before l would have paniic attacks and get upset and my hands would never sweat. just my armpits would sweat more. just 4 or 5 hours after l hit myself l was on the computer and clam and thats when l noticed it. l need some feedback on people who sweat from the hands. mine sweat on the palms, center of the hand and finger tips. if l leave my hands alone and dont move them they a mostly dry but once l gently rub my thump across my fingers l can fel the sweat splash to the top of the fingers. this has ben going on for 2 months now. when l look at them in the light l can se tiny little sparkles on my finger tips and palms, which is the microscopic beeds of sweat.

l was on no medication when it started. my doc then put me on prozac to calm my nerves down because he thinks it's just stress, but that medication gave me night sweats so l stopped talking it. night sweats are now gone. just resting my palms on the laptop leaves tiny water marks when it never did two months ago. before l would be on the computer for hours and my hands would be dry. before l hit myself l used to play video games and work on small models for hours and my hands would always be dry. l read that everyone who has sweaty hands developed it when they were kids, well l am not a kid right. people with palmer hydrosis, does the hands sweat constantly, like even when you leave your hand open in the air does they sweat continue. need some info.

landon

It's rare, but I have heard of people who have developed hyperhidrosis later in life. I'm not saying that's your case, but it's a possibility.