Difficulty in understanding, and remebering

Jegan

I am having problems remebering and recovering things that happend in the past ..even things that happend like a week ago. When I have a conversation with some one, its so hard to understand what they are saying i can hear them, but mentally its so hard to understand and keep up with the subject and my mind wonders around. I have to ask them to repeat it twice. And some people think i am stupid and dumb. But i know whats the conversation is about and I tryy my best to input my thoughts.. but at that situation nothing comes to my mind.. its soo hard to think. :confused:

Arise87

Same here...and then after the conversation is over, I think of how I should have responded and what I should have said to make things go more smoothly and to not sound moronic. Its like I cannot focus on interacting/holding a conversation with people because I'm focused on how nervous, awkward, and freaking stressed just being around people makes me.
As far as remembering events and happenings goes, I try to write myself memos on a calendar and even on my phone of what happened that day, who I spoke with, any appointments made-not the whole day just the important stuff- that might help you too.
: )

Section_31

This happens to me, and being in IT, at work this has gotten me into alot of trouble in the past.

You'd be amazed at how many postit notes i go through in a week.

Jegan

Same here...and then after the conversation is over, I think of how I should have responded and what I should have said to make things go more smoothly and to not sound moronic. Its like I cannot focus on interacting/holding a conversation with people because I'm focused on how nervous, awkward, and freaking stressed just being around people makes me.
As far as remembering events and happenings goes, I try to write myself memos on a calendar and even on my phone of what happened that day, who I spoke with, any appointments made-not the whole day just the important stuff- that might help you too.
: )
i know its such big confidence killer when u cant even respond properly even though in ur heart u know wat u have to say.. but when i say it, it doesnt come out as i wanted it to be... not only with strangers its happenining with the people i am close to and those who i interact with on daily basis