Distracting. . .

lilmutegirl

Do you intentionally focus on minor details when you are anxious? I find myself fistracted by ridiculous stuff. . .like my hair. . .or something stupid. . .when I am avoiding more serious issues.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Yea I used to get distracted much more. But it started to annoy me so much I got myself out of the habit.

Bo592

But it started to annoy me so much I got myself out of the habit.
How did you get yourself out of that habit ? I been having problems with this to and it now getting in the way of my school work. But some times the distraction is serous like family problems. but still I wish I could remove this from my life so I could focus on my school work now.

lilmutegirl

On a related note, it occurred to me recently that I am often stressed over minor things. This is probably to distract me from bigger issues. You know those people who seem to always be involved in some sort of drama? I feel like one of them, only just stress, not necessarily drama, is what fuels me. I wish this were not the case, but I almost always have something that is preoccupying my mind, even if it is insignificant. I wonder if I will ever be able to get beyond it. As time has passed, several things I have worried about have passed as well (like, I was concerned about not ever finishing school...well, I just did). However, these worries are often replaced with new ones (like, how am I going to pay off my student loans now that I am done with school?).

Eggyegg

Oh yes very much so but with me it's conversations and generally interactions with others I obsess about. Why did they say that? what doers that mean? Are they trying too tell me something and so on..

Not really, but sometimes I try to look like I'm focused on some small thing when I get anxious around people. Like if I see an attractive girl walk on the train, I'll look down and pretend that I'm doing something on my cell phone. I try to give the appearance of being oblivious to her presence when in reality I'm trying to hide my anxiousness.

I know that's not what you're talking about, but I just told you about it anyway!