Do I have OCD?

SunnySun

A few months ago, I notice that I repeat doing things like not screw on any bottle or caps on anything at once. I either screw and unscrew until I screw a bottle. This is so exhausting. I feel like I am cursing something when I screw on a bottle. Sometimes I can barely even screw on a bottle.

Sometimes, I have to use one hand to close or hold something. If I use the other hand I "undo" the feeling I have by using the other hand. The same happen with my foot. I have to touch certain things with one foot. I notice that it is the same with hand and feet on each side. Is this something to do with right brained or left brained?

I also type and retype things on my keyboard. I go back again and again between pages in magazines or go back to re-read words...maybe that's why I stopped reading? I used to be an avid reader.

I open and close doors repeatedly. I try not to do it in public or do it barely noticeable. I do that at home. My mom caught me doing that when I was trying to hook the leash on my cat's harness. I could barely hook the leash at once.

I feel that this is getting worse. My mom tried to have me talk with her, but I know my mom won't comfort me in that. All my mom will say is just stop doing it.

I have had a certain degree of what seems to be OCD that was mild in high school. There are many changes going on, and I feel those are contributing to my OCD getting out of control.

Thesuper

you sound like how I started out, don't let it get out of control, I am totally messed up, my mother didn't understand either, read about ERP, exposure and response prevention, its suppose to be the most effective treatment and It is working for me, it should work for you, you can learn alot about you're OCD and help yourself using it.