Do I have OCD?

U

Unregistered123

Hi guys,

I dont know whether I have OCD so I wanted to check. I also feel that my family and friends dont understand me =( or they just dismiss the issue as nothing important. Ive never shared the full story with anyone before so I am kinda embarrassed =/

I like plucking my hair, the term is called trichotillomania? I could sit on the chair for an hour or more just tweezing and digging ingrown hair until my legs and underarms have red dots and scars which never have a chance to heal as I do it everyday. Sometimes I do it because Im bored or I want to get distracted from work or just to stall time, im not too sure. Been doing it for 6 years already.

Whenever I misplaced my tweezers, i would feel extremely uncomfortable and insecure so I'll search the house continuously for it.

When I was younger, I used to check whether I had set my alarm clock multiple times (like 20 to 30 times) before i went to bed, same goes for checking whether I had unlocked the door before I left the bedroom/toilet so I wouldnt lock myself out . I also kept on checking that I turned off the tap, closed my bird cage door and fridge. Sometimes after I had left the house, I would call home and ask my maid to help me check, which was much more reassuring to hear the answer from her instead of me checking it myself.

Nowadays I dont check the alarm clock, tap or bird cage. However Im always looking at the floor when I walk outdoors. Been doing this for many years already. This is because of the fear of stepping on something disgusting. I could look up for several seconds but would feel more comfortable looking at the ground as I walk. I wouldnt look down when Im walking in a mall any enclosed clean places.

I am also obsessed with my looks, particularly on whatever uneven pigmentation on my skin (especially those that the public can see) (eg, moles) I would dig that area of my skin until it bleeds and I dont care if it hurts ******* bad, I just want it gone. Been doing this since as young as I can remember.

I get stressed out reallyyyy easily and always find something to worry about. I am quite antisocial and how I feel about myself is usually based on how others think of me. Low self esteem, yes.

I think of killing myself almost every week or everyday even if Im not that depressed because Im scared of my future. Those thoughts just pop into my head, and it kinda makes me feel relieved.

I hope someone out there hears and understands me. please respond if you do... =/ thanks.

i think yes u have OCD, but for some reasons like u check the clock multiply time, which as i know OCD lives in doubt.
i get when u said "ur afraid for ur future", me either. i also think im OCD too since i like to keep my complusive behaviour from other coz i dont like others noticed me as strikingly odd or different from them, n i end up usually scolding myself for doing stupidty, something i dunno why i do, say etc. i have a low self-esteem too. seem what everyone thought of me distracting me. well i i also hav AvPD, n not to mention SAD too. god! i hate it so much.
P.S: excuse my english, if u can't get it ::p:

Last edited:

getbornagain

You have trichtotillomania and body dysmorphia(skin obsessions). These are OCD spectrum disorders, part of the pyramid of related anxiety disorders. Also, the negative outlook on life confirms the lack of serotonin in your brain, it is the common trait amongst depressives and anxiety-sufferers. Based on these symptoms alone I could almost assure you that you have OCD. Obsessions change with time, and more than likely you will develope a Pure-O obsession in the future if you don't get treatment soon enough... I started with Body Dysmorphia (more specifically muscle dysmorphia) and eventually it changed over time to pure-o obsessions. I don't want to scare you or anything, but recognize objectively that you could seek treatment immediately.