Do I have Schizophrenia?

Trishanku

I was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia by my doctor because of my inability to connect with people socially, and because I feel quite annoyed by the thoughts of dealing with people, like if I was working at a job, I wouldn't want to work with ignorant and rude customers, it would just send me off the deep end. I feel like schizophrenia could very well be the psychological condition I'm suffering with, but I'm still on sure because I don't hallucinate or hear voices speaking to me. My biggest problem is that I just can't, as I've said, Connect socially. Something is off. Whether my perceptions are off kilter or I am indeed socially awkward I don't know? I just want some opinions as to what my social problem could be regarding what type of mental health illness? Could it be schizophrenia, and if it is, why? Or could it be something else? Thanks for taking the time to read. :)

I met my therapist after 6 months, currently I not doing okay. So I met him and he wasn't happy that I took such a long break from therapy. He said Therapy won't help much, since I wasn't taking any medication anymore. So he gave me a new prescription. we talked for a while and he said I I need another two months on medication to help myself. he said I was schizophrenic.

Like you I don't hear any voices or hallucinate. With me is the same issues not being able to share what's happening with anyone. Right now I am on risperidone and Olanzapine. I'm curious are you on some meds too?

Quietguy11

I met my therapist after 6 months, currently I not doing okay. So I met him and he wasn't happy that I took such a long break from therapy. He said Therapy won't help much, since I wasn't taking any medication anymore. So he gave me a new prescription. we talked for a while and he said I I need another two months on medication to help myself. he said I was schizophrenic.

Like you I don't hear any voices or hallucinate. With me is the same issues not being able to share what's happening with anyone. Right now I am on risperidone and Olanzapine. I'm curious are you on some meds too?

I'm taking a very small dose of risperdone and altogether 30mg of celexa. I find the antidepressant works better for me than the antipsychotic. When I was just taking risperidone I thought I was going to lose my mind on that medication, but once I started taking celexa throughout the morning and at night I felt a lot more relaxed. My Doctor also briefly brought up Autism to me during my last appointment with him. He didn't go into much detail about it, just brought it to the surface. I am curious as to what kind of Autism I have.

Trishanku

I'm taking a very small dose of risperdone and altogether 30mg of celexa. I find the antidepressant works better for me than the antipsychotic. When I was just taking risperidone I thought I was going to lose my mind on that medication, but once I started taking celexa throughout the morning and at night I felt a lot more relaxed. My Doctor also briefly brought up Autism to me during my last appointment with him. He didn't go into much detail about it, just brought it to the surface. I am curious as to what kind of Autism I have.

Autism sounds close to how you described yourself, But only a therapist can diagnose you properly and a second opinion like many are suggesting here. A second opinion from another therapist might help I think. only if you think so.

My doctor keeps referring to the movie 'A Beautiful Mind' IDK why, neither am I any good at maths let alone be a genius in anyother field on interest. I actually have no such field of interest as such. which is my main issue. I find no clarity and no calling as such.

Quietguy11

The only times I ever "hallucinated" while not being on medication was during sleep paralysis. I would wake up paralyzed, and would see something, a shadowy black figure, standing in the room with me. It was frightening to say the very least. That (sleep paralysis) went away in its entirety the moment I started taking medication, so I know that medication does help in that respect. What I don't do is hallucinate or hear voices while being awake throughout the day and night. Like I won't be on the computer and then hear or see something that's not real. Sleep paralysis was the only time I hallucinated, if that counts as an hallucination.