Do not visit Dr. Brauner NYC/NJ for botox

causeeffect

A few months ago I made an appointment with Dr. Gary Brauner in Manhattan to get botox for my axillary hyperhidrosis. I called the office twice making sure they accepted Aetna. Aetna covers botox when the hyperhidrosis patient is non responsive to Drysol and the like.
http://www.aetna.com/cpb/medical/data/500_599/0504.html

On the big day I went to his office full of high hopes for a sweat-less future, but my excitement quickly died down when he LECTURED me for 45 minutes on why he doesn't like Aetna, brought up instances in the past where they eff-ed him over and how he always has problems with them. Then he went on to say that there was no way he as going to perform the procedure on me through Aetna because of how much he dislikes them, wasting an hour of my time and money. He then insisted that even though I have tried drysol and certain dry and others a million times in the past that it will somehow magically work this time around and that I must do it, handing me a prescription. The way he said all this was extremely rude and made me very upset. The nurse was even looking at him with a facial expression that said "WTF?!" I did not pay him to lecture me for almost an hour on why he doesnt like a specific insurance company. Especially after being told that their office accepts Aetna before I went. WTF. He billed me after all this and instead of doing it through my insurance, mailed it directly to me. (*!$(!*$!(*#$Y#$*(#$!#)*!!
He also has another office in Northern NJ. beware.

margiehope

Hi Causeeffect!

I hope you've reported this jerk to Aetna, and to your local medical board.

Well, there are lots of other doctors!