Do shy girls go for outgoing guys?

Nope, well not for me anyway. Outgoing guys are basically "what you see is what you get", to some extent - but getting to know a shy guy makes it that bit more interesting... though frustrating if yer both shy and nobody makes the first move!

klytus

You have to discern between shy girls and girls with SA. There is a big difference. Most girls are "shy", or at least more passive in nature. An outgoing, extroverted guy is exciting, drags the girl with him to social events, entertains her, and induces positive emotions. A shy guy, or a guy with SA, is pretty much the opposite to that.

Such is life, but don't despair. There is hope. After all, it boils down to a numbers game. While easier said than done, you can improve on the shyness at least up to the point where you can approach sufficiently many girls to eventually find one who makes the effort to get to know you closer.

I have always wanted to cure my overly shyness attitude, and I have dated outgoing guys in the past to do it. However, my shyness didn't get cured, so I have since wnet back to dating shy people again.::eek::

EgoZero

Cause outgoing guys aren't boring, unsocial, dull and empty as we are, sorry, I meant as I am.

Lea

Banned
To me it doesn't matter if they are outgoing or not, but the personality. I may happen to understand myself well with an outgoing person, or with a shy person.. but something else than this is important.

Emily_G

I was attracted to more outgoing men. I think because I am so shy...I didn't want to just stare at each other on dates, haha. If he sparked conversation, I could talk some...but if he didn't I probably wouldn't have said much. Talking about my hubby here.

U

userremoved

Cause outgoing guys aren't boring, unsocial, dull and empty as we are, sorry, I meant as I am.

I highly doubt that every female on the planet would find your interests boring. Yes we do have interests and hobbies that don't involve partying but there's got to be at least one girl that would like the same things we do.

Any guy who says his interests are partying, i just consider way too average anyway!

Very true... I would prefer a shy guy, but not someone who lets people walk all over him and won't stand up for himself. I prefer someone that's a little mysterious that you have to really work at to get to know them... and you feel special when they do open up to you, because you know that they don't share confidences with just anyone.

Extremely outgoing guys are too much like an open book (although some probably have issues that they're desperately trying to cover up or hide- using their outgoing persona as a mask)... and a lot of times they can be intimidating for a shy girl. Also, I don't know if I would like being with a "popular" guy... not only would I wonder if I have enough of his attention, but I don't know if I would like the attention that I would draw just by being with him- I would probably feel like I'm under a spotlight and/or a magnifying glass. I would probably tough it out if I found a guy I really liked that happened to be outgoing and popular, but it's not something that I would intentionally seek out.

Emily_G

I highly doubt that every female on the planet would find your interests boring. Yes we do have interests and hobbies that don't involve partying but there's got to be at least one girl that would like the same things we do.

My hubby is outgoing and he's not interested in partying. Then again he's older...31, out of the "partying" stage.

Krista

That seems to be a generalization of women. I don't like really outgoing guys, they seem to be cocky and arrogant most times. I dated a guy who was very outgoing, like to go out, did most things on a whim and was really spontaneous in everything we did together. One day he picked me up and just drove me all the way to another state, granted it's not very far from where we live but anything he wanted to do, he did. It was hard keeping up with him sometimes and I'm not super comfortable going out all the time like he did. It's really a big factor on why we didn't stay together. I don't mind guys who want to go out but I also want someone who will be low maintenance with me.

humansrare

I like outgoing guys, but not to the point of being obnoxious..though that's the type I've gone for in the past >_< but i really don't have a type, it's just whoever interests me. I'd like to switch it up and meet a shy person like me, though. I frustrate outgoing guys, being all non-outgoing and whatnot. haha

xSleepy

I'm not really into outgoing guys. The more outgoing the more they will probably want to go out more often and do things. I really wouldnt feel comfortable if my bf constantly pressured me to go out and do stuff with him.. I'm more of a stay at home person. I don't think that has to do with being shy though, I think that's just the kind of person I am. Oh yeah and I also find them a bit intimidating :\

I cant speak for all the shy girls in the world though. I'm sure some do go for the more outgoing guy. Some probably like that a more outgoing guy can get them out more to socialize and have what they would consider to be "fun".

lollipop103

Outgoing guys are easier to talk to initially, because most of them will talk to you first since they're outgoing.

Iseesky

I'm sure it differs depending on the type of gal.

For me, it's about the personality as someone else has said. Some shy guys are rude just as some outgoing guys are nice and understanding. What I look for is just a guy I feel comfortable around. One that won't embarrass me in front of people by being silly every second. One that knows how to be serious. He doesn't have to be talkative and he doesn't have to be quiet all of the time either! I wouldn't want a guy who likes to party, because I'm not into that and I would definitely avoid it. But, maybe another shy girl would like that an outgoing guy takes her to parties because she didn't have the courage to go herself! It all depends.

As long as you're a nice guy who is willing to put himself out there, you should find someone at some point. It might take awhile, but it will probably happen.