Do some of you guys only feel lonely whenever you are depressed?

sevenroses

Do some of you guys only feel lonely whenever you are depressed? I sometimes feel like that. Like I'm fine being single and free whenever there is nothing wrong with life but when I feel down and out I just feel extremely lonely. I don't really bother trying to get really close to someone because that isn't really right. I really I know I'm weird and that's kind of bad. I don't know if anyone else can relate.

3lefts

I always feel lonely.
But I notice it's strongest when I'm the happiest. If I have nobody to share a laugh, if I have nobody to share what makes me happy... a worse kind of depression follows that's different from just a sulking, ugh kind of depressed. It's utter sadness and a bit of emptiness in the heart.
I know what you mean about it not being right though, when you're depressed and wanting someone, then it doesn't feel genuine, just a need and an indulgence that doesn't solve anything.
I think you just have to tough it out in this situation, if you want a relationship that is based off of a healthy coexistence rather than one that comforts your sadness. Your depression will never go away if it's what your relationship is built off of.

Interzone

Do some of you guys only feel lonely whenever you are depressed? I sometimes feel like that. Like I'm fine being single and free whenever there is nothing wrong with life but when I feel down and out I just feel extremely lonely. I don't really bother trying to get really close to someone because that isn't really right. I really I know I'm weird and that's kind of bad. I don't know if anyone else can relate.

I can relate, it's almost the same exact way for me as you described it. It sucks.

Forgotten-Children

I feel lonely whenever I think about being lonely. Like a lot of the time, I just wish I could be hugged by my boyfriend but he lives far south from me in another state. >:

I know I'm not actually alone but I kinda wish to my self that every night I could just be able to cuddle up to someone but I really can't unless it's a cat or my Bulbasaur plushie.

Snowdrop

I understand exactly what you mean. I've suffered from depression for many years now and when I get the bouts of extreme low mood, all my negative emotions will intensify including loneliness. I will feel very dark and as if no one cares about me yet at the same time closed in on myself as well like I don't wish anyone to talk to me either. It's a horrible feeling that I'm still trying to work out.
Don't worry though, you are definitely not alone - so many people who suffer from depression get this and so do people who don't. We're all human after all.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Yeah, I agree that this time of year is rough. Moments that you would share and relive if you were with someone kind of just get washed away when you’re alone.

Fighter86

It's not weird, I feel the same way. When things are good, its cool being single, but when I am upset or stressed out I feel a desperate need to be close to someone.

Tinkertoes

Yes, when i feel sad im lonely feeling.
But that is probably because i feel as if no one feels how i feel
Right Then.
I feel lonely because i feel alienated.
Everyone feels lonely.
Don't be sad.
We're all here for you.
Even if u don't know who we really are.

Dead_on_Arrival

I'm married and have been for nearly nine years, but I still feel alone when I am at my lowest. I feel as if there is no-one there I can talk too to help me through. I feel depressed when I'm around my wife if she is cooking or cleaning. I get down because I think she should not be doing these things and if she is it's because I have not done enough for her. I clean the house every morning when I get up while my daughter is getting ready for school so there is nothing for my wife to do when I leave the house with my daughter. If she makes lunch I follow her and clean up after she makes her lunch and then I collect her pots to wash them so she doesn't have to. It's the same when it comes to dinner time. If she does the ironing I get pangs of guilt that she is doing it and it should have been done by me so I find something else to clean and tidy to rid my head of the guilt. Even though my wife is there I still feel alone in my head. I am at my happiest if she is doing nothing but enjoying watching the TV, going out with our daughter or visiting friends or family.

Last edited: