Do you believe you will overcome SA?

froghat

No. But for me it's different. I feel that being socially anxious is a huge part of me.
I don't feel like it's a decease. It's who I am, who I've always been.
I can't change that and I don't even want to. I like the IDEA of having friends, but not the practise.
I know that I don't really belong to this site. But I like being here because I go trough same stuff as many other users.

I have given up. At the moment my goal is to be able slowly accept that there are things I wont have: friends, boyfriend, going out, getting career, getting driving licence, going to foreign countries etc. It's a long list.
But I like to think there are also things I can try to achieve. I can fill my humble needs for socializing at the internet. I can go outside when there aren't many people or at the woods. I can find purpose in escapism by spending my free time reading, watching tv, playing and such. That kind of things make me happy.
Maybe some day I will write a book. Probably not. But if I don't, at least it isn't because of my social fears.

Persona, I'm just like you. The thought of having a girlfriend, friends, and kids is appealing, but when it comes to action in the real world, I just don't connect with people. Like you said, it's not so much a problem, it's my personality. I'm a very socially awkward person and it's hard to relax around people.

I'm 28 and I'm just sick of stressing out. 75 percent of the time I'm happy being alone anyways. It's very frustrating that I'm unable to get these things, but what's the point of doing something that makes you unhappy. It's a very weird situation, but what are you gonna do.

Some_guy

Probably, some day. I don't think so soon in any case.

I've already made a lot of progress but I'm feeling too lazy to expose myself to challenging situations anymore. I'm depressed and that eats up my motivation, sadly.

Richey

i see myself overcoming it but alot of that comes down to my immediate environment and how other people effect me. right now i live in a state of parnoia because i lack control of my life at the moment. living with parents and struggling financially isn't always a recipe for boosted self-esteem and self suficiency...with a bit more exposure i can see myself improving.

lyricalliaisons

I highly doubt that I'll ever overcome it. It's such an integral part of who I am, I just can't see it. But I do think it can get better, though I have no idea when or if that will ever happen. But I certainly hope it does. I want more than anything for it to become more manageable so that I can finally have the life I want, need, & deserve.

iamthenra

I don't believe I will over come it either... I have tried a bunch of things for it, drugs, allot of different doctors and I think my SA has gotten worse not better over the years. During a skills test out at my school I almost blacked out.... I saw the spots and I became light headed (more than the usual) I never had this before, or it could be hypotension low BP... Who knows...

Well I'm losing Hope. I really wish for overcoming SA, but I waited 2 years already. So I kind of think I will never get out of this.