Do you consider yourself to be a genuinely nice person?

Do you consider yourself a geniunely nice person?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

paul

With social phobia it is kind of hard to be mean to people, but underneath that, would you consider yourself to be a nice person?
I think that if I wasn't anxious all the time, I would be kind of nice, but not over the top. Maybe like ... 6/10 for niceness (those of you who play The Sims should know exactly what I'm talking about :p)
I am a fairly generous person, but I wouldn't do something that would negatively affect more than it would positively affect somebody else.

Kezada

ye i can be nasty on msn 2 ma mates, 4 ma mates in person. in a jk way or not, its jus fun. i hav no social phobia around people i no, jus new people or in a town centre or sumfin busy. been in quite a few fights in skool and college, n people say they dont notice im sp or watever wen im in a stress. put that screw face on lol

Kezada

LittleMissScareAll

:oops: Looks like I'm the only one who voted no, so far. I can't consider myself a nice person because people are usually not nice to me, which makes me a bitch. If people are nice to me, I'm nice to them but otherwise, I hate people who are mean/rude to me. I think I used to be nice, but people have "ruined" me.

sensitive

LittleMissScareAll said:
:oops: Looks like I'm the only one who voted no, so far. I can't consider myself a nice person because people are usually not nice to me, which makes me a bitch. If people are nice to me, I'm nice to them but otherwise, I hate people who are mean/rude to me. I think I used to be nice, but people have "ruined" me.

no LittleMissScareAll, i guess i am absolutely like you. actually i am a nice person but once i get humiliated i got so bad, i could do anything to hurt that person. i always keep telling myself that i am too nice with namally nice people and too bad with normally bad people!!!

LittleMissScareAll

sensitive said:
no LittleMissScareAll, i guess i am absolutely like you. actually i am a nice person but once i get humiliated i got so bad, i could do anything to hurt that person. i always keep telling myself that i am too nice with namally nice people and too bad with normally bad people!!!

Yeah, I always want to hurt the people who hurt me...I think very bad thoughts sometimes, but I guess it's normal. :?

Sue

i have always tried my hardest to be a nice person to everyone.
i am a nice person and have never deliberately hurt anyone ever.
well actualy there was this one guy but he almost took my life away so he soooo deserved it.
i have alot of patients with people maybe too much and my limits seem never ending. but id rather be screwed over then screw people over.
i hate hurting people always have.

black_mamba

LittleMissScareAll said:
Yeah, I always want to hurt the people who hurt me...I think very bad thoughts sometimes, but I guess it's normal. :?

I think its perfectly normal to feel defensive and angry towards those who hurt you. I mean, you're here to survive right, and if someone jeopardises your physical or mental safety then I see it as natural to want to defend ourselves and even inflict damage so the perpetrator cannot attack again.

I think I'm a nice person. I never go out of my way to intentionally harm someone, and the only person who has had bad words to say about me hated me because I was so introverted. He made me feel suicidal.

I had dreams about stabbing him repeatedly in the face, chopping his body up into bits and feeding him to his own cat.

Yeah...I'm still a nice person though!! 8O

LittleMissScareAll

black_mamba said:
I think its perfectly normal to feel defensive and angry towards those who hurt you. I mean, you're here to survive right, and if someone jeopardises your physical or mental safety then I see it as natural to want to defend ourselves and even inflict damage so the perpetrator cannot attack again.

I think I'm a nice person. I never go out of my way to intentionally harm someone, and the only person who has had bad words to say about me hated me because I was so introverted. He made me feel suicidal.

I had dreams about stabbing him repeatedly in the face, chopping his body up into bits and feeding him to his own cat.

Yeah...I'm still a nice person though!! 8O

Alot of people hate me...for no apparent reason. I've had alot of bad things said about me, done to me, I've been lied to many many times...these are some reasons I feel the way I do about most people(I feel hatred towards the ones that have done this to me)...and I feel like they make me a bad person, because they're bad people and were bad to me. Although I don't want to be like them...I can't help but hate them and want to do the same things back to them(or worse).
I've had thoughts similar to yours... Actually I think more about torturing them. I'd want them to suffer a long while, for what they done. :twisted: :?

black_mamba

LittleMissScareAll said:
Alot of people hate me...for no apparent reason. I've had alot of bad things said about me, done to me, I've been lied to many many times

Hmm when you say for no apparent reason it makes me think that these idiots are forming opinions of you based on prejudgments. You talk sometimes about your area being quite closed minded. In an ideal world no one would be prejudgemental or base their opinions on assumed facts, but it happens a lot (more than I can possibly understand), and some people have no idea what damage they cause when they openly express their poorly formed opinions about others.

Quiet people take a lot of shit from folk who think we're being arrogant and rude by simply being ourselves. But they don't know any better, they've never experienced what it feels like to be scared to death of simply opening their mouths and talking. Their idiots because they can't understand, they don't understand because of lack of experience, so ultimately their ignorant. Sorry I just can't imagine why anyone would hate you LittleMissScareAll, its a strong word and you seem like a decent, intelligent and thoughtful human being.

So...I totally understand why you'd want to torture them, but I also know that harbouring these thoughts isn't healthy. So lets just get the torture and pain over and done with. I got my pick axe and sledge hammer, what you got? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

redlady

I'm a nice person - most of the time it's hard for me to show it or be as nice as i would like to be because of my sp. I'm scared of the attention it may attract and also scared of people rejecting any nice gestures i show them - so i mainly keep it inside of me.

LittleMissScareAll

Yep, alot of people judge me...because of the way I look, and because I'm so quiet...at least I guess those are the reasons. :? And you're right...they don't seem to care what mental damage they cause other people by doing what they do. I blame other people for alot of my problems, because I've been made fun of, treated bad, and talked bad to alot by people. Thanks black mamba...
:lol: I know it probably isn't healthy to have the thoughts I do, but I can't help it...and me & my mom talked about this before...we came to the conclusion that everyone must have had thoughts of hurting themselves and other people at least a few times in their life. Knowing she thinks like that too made me feel a little better to know I'm not a complete psycho. :p

black_mamba said:
Hmm when you say for no apparent reason it makes me think that these idiots are forming opinions of you based on prejudgments. You talk sometimes about your area being quite closed minded. In an ideal world no one would be prejudgemental or base their opinions on assumed facts, but it happens a lot (more than I can possibly understand), and some people have no idea what damage they cause when they openly express their poorly formed opinions about others.

Quiet people take a lot of shit from folk who think we're being arrogant and rude by simply being ourselves. But they don't know any better, they've never experienced what it feels like to be scared to death of simply opening their mouths and talking. Their idiots because they can't understand, they don't understand because of lack of experience, so ultimately their ignorant. Sorry I just can't imagine why anyone would hate you LittleMissScareAll, its a strong word and you seem like a decent, intelligent and thoughtful human being.

So...I totally understand why you'd want to torture them, but I also know that harbouring these thoughts isn't healthy. So lets just get the torture and pain over and done with. I got my pick axe and sledge hammer, what you got? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

koyaanisqatsi

My SPia doesn't allow me the luxury of being nice. I may not be considered rude. But I am likely considered unfriendly and unapproachable because I push most people away.

lonesomeboy

iam nice when ppl are nice to me. i can be a rude too if i take stuff personally, even though it didnt mean anything.
i feel ppl must be nice to me first before i can reciprocate, just so that i know they are being genuine.

Fighter86

yetisbabe said:
its a case of....you bite me....I bite back harder.

Sure wish I could do this to people who ill-treat me. I am a nice person but people like to be mean to me, esp. guys :( & I don have the guts to fight back, even if those who ill-treat me are girls...All I do is keep my feelings bottled up & burst into tears when I can no longer take it. I cried on the bus on the way home from school, before I sleep....Sure wish I could be stronger. Sigh...

Boundless

I try to be nice to other people but these phobias can leave you fearful of people,in my normal mood i am a nice person but i have had some strange mood swings caused a bit of grief. :twisted:

sheree

I hope i'm nice i mean i can be very sarscastic but i dont think that counts to much ,i always open for doors for old people!

Moonie

I like to think I am a nice person. People usually find me nice/sweet because I am so quiet.. which I don't mind them thinking that. I think I'd actually be even more nice if I wasn't so shy. I can be bitter/sarcastic but now that I compare myself to other people I know, I am actually quite nice towards other people. I mean, they might not be mean to other peoples' faces but talk behind them.