Do you ever cry because of social anxiety?

FruitLooPs

Yeah for sure, but that normally because when my SA is getting to me i'm more depressed than usual for some reason.

Thats actually how my parents found out, it eventually just got the better of me and i was crying in my room and normally i would've covered it up - or not cried at all. But I just couldn't give a crap anymore, and then mum had a talk with me and the ball got rolling. :)

Haven't cried in a while, but that because i'm trying my best not to dwell on it.

Crying certainly doesnt make you a pussy either mate. I think I probably do feel better after just crying for ages. :?:

annie

Shyboy - its okay to cry and I certainly wouldn't call you a pussy.
Maybe you are crying because you are depressed. Are you seeing a therapist for your social anxiety? If not perhaps you should.

annie :wink:

Anonymous

regularly. i have to be ecused from lessons at school, or turn up late because i am in the toilets crying..i cry at home, in bed, when im out, when im with my bf..
anytime that it just gets too much.

theres nothing wrong with crying. it takes strength to show your emotions. theyre nothing to be ashamed of.

HiApeNest

I can't cry anymore. I used to cry all the time, but it's like I've run out of tears or something. I used to cry a lot, but I just can't anymore, even when I want to. Does anyone else have that problem?

JWH

I cry at the most inopportune times. I tend to cry at the GP for no real reason. I've also cried at lecturers and teachers. It's stress related for sure - but I feel bad because it makes it seem like I've got a real reason to cry, or that they've caused me to cry.

Fredscars

yeh..sometimes im so unhappy, like...totally and utteryl..but i cant get the tears out..the thing i want to do most..as if itll make me all better is if i cry for a long time, get it all out..but i cant..i just..cant get them out. then randomly, the slightest thing and ill cry.
It never does make it any better though.

Shadow

I used to cry every now and them. Then I just became numb and stopped crying completely. The last time I cried was a few months ago just before I started getting treatment. I've been feeling so good since (compared to how I used to feel) that I haven't had an need to cry.

Anonymous

yeah, i cry all the time...the thing i hate the most is when im at work and talking to my boss (or someone else important) about something that im concerned about i always feel like crying but try to stop myself because i couldnt bear them to see me crying...means im stressing out about trying not to cry which means i always come across sounding shaky and stupid - and i never say what i want to say.

Sempfy

I really felt like crying a couple of nights ago, but I jes couldn't get the tears out, like Fred said. I was jes thinking about my crappy life and it kinda overwhelmed me for a moment there. :cry:

gen1cummins

I cry sometimes too. For no reason at all, i just hurt inside soo bad and it comes out, but i usaully feel better after, so i try not to keep it in, it depends on where i am of course i dont wanna cry in public. it used to like once a week, now its only once in a while so maybe im gettin better, i sure hope so. i dont wanna be like this anymore.

emerald

:roll: Crying can be a good thing. It gets rid of lots of pent up emotion and kinda clears the system for a while. It means you are feeling something at least.

I haven't cried for myself in years, I find that I can't do it anymore. sometimes I feel so sad all I want to do is curl up and cry, but I have just become so numb inside I find I can't feel anything anymore, not for myself at least.

I cry at sad films, and comic relief and stuff like that. but as far as feeling anything for myself, I have spent so much energy as a child trying not to cry, I have lost that ability.

racheH

theres nothing wrong with crying. it takes strength to show your emotions. theyre nothing to be ashamed of.

Anyone see Richard and Judy last night? (or the night before; can't remember). I just turned on when they were interviewing someone who was saying how tears are right in front of our face for a reason, and not tucked behind our leg or something lol. We're intended to show our feelings for survival's sake. Seeing as phobias are a survival technique too, I suggest we accept crying as recompense from nature : )

avid_merrion

I cry all the time i went quickly from being very happy and confident to suicidal an it really gets me down i often wonder if i will ever be happy again, im not scared of crying be it in public or in private i am human and have feelings and im not scared of that jus wish i would get a bit of luck and be happy again !!!! :cry: :roll:

Damien

I havent cried for years and years. Possibly about ten or so years if not more. I get to the stage i almost do. Then it goes away. Forcing it doesnt help either.

I want to cry... mind you after this long id probably explode of salty water.

Damien

maggie

a lot, especially at the end of a long, shitty day, know what I mean? Maybe a day I had high hopes, and fell short. My favourite place to cry is in the shower, nobody can hear me, and there's water everywhere!! :cry:

Ren

i cry after job interviews like yesterday i went for an interview and all week i was telling myself its ok theres nothing wrong with you theres nothing to be worried about you do fine just breathe...but like usual mouth goes dry heart starts pounding and i the thoughts start " when i introduced myself did i say it really quietly" is she looking at what im wearing, i shouldnt have worn this" "she thinks im fat i can tell" "oh god she thinks im a freak" "already ive blown it, stupid, stupid, stupid" and then i cant wait to escape, and thats the first 2mins then i drive home feeling absolutly miserable at how pathetic i am, i get home slump myself on the couch and the tears start, its not much different with meeting new people except i dont cry and i usually feel better when its all over.