Do you ever feel like you're wasting your life?

BleedTheFreak

I think I've wasted nearly 5 years, since high school ended. I've spent the last 5 years working crappy jobs while taking sometimes as long as 2-3 month breaks in between, staying in the house for 95% of the time. I'm hoping to finally take some classes in the fall, but I wonder if I'll even be able to handle it (the work, and actually attending). I've gotten fired so many times for just not showing up, I'm not sure if college would be any different, in fact it will probably be harder. The willpower it takes for me to walk out the front door is...really ridiculous.

mr.jimbo

Yes. But now I'm trying my best to make up for it. I remember my older brother, at age 28, told me that a lot of his co-workers in their 40's and up wish they could do something when they were younger. I don't want to regret more later in life. to me, i look at life as a one time opportunity. we don't get another chance in life, unless some people believe in reincarnation; which i don't.

For me, I want a job that doesn't feel like a job. I don't care about money; only suffice to earn a living. I rather be a risk taker than playing it safe on a career. i can relate to you on the "no purpose" part. But now, i found my purposes in a meaningful way by using prior knowledge, reasoning, and applying to it.

Best of luck finding your purposes in life.

trickynix

I think I've wasted nearly 5 years, since high school ended. I've spent the last 5 years working crappy jobs while taking sometimes as long as 2-3 month breaks in between, staying in the house for 95% of the time. I'm hoping to finally take some classes in the fall, but I wonder if I'll even be able to handle it (the work, and actually attending). I've gotten fired so many times for just not showing up, I'm not sure if college would be any different, in fact it will probably be harder. The willpower it takes for me to walk out the front door is...really ridiculous.

I have felt like this so much of the time myself...soooo much of the time its ridiculous...

Feathers

Hmm, I sometimes feel like I've wasted the last 10 years or so too... but then again I've learnt so many things too.. And sometimes when to outside world I seemed 'productive' I wasn't interested at all in those things (or not enough) and was just 'going through the motions'...

In a way I felt more 'alive' and 'doing things' sometimes inbetween too... then ever before... so..? what is 'wasting' & what is 'productive' & what is 'life'? :)

It's not enough just to find a 'purpose' (or a few) you also need to find an overlap with what others want and what you can get $$$ for, a good 'niche' for your talents/abilities/wishes or at least good-enough moneymakers (or jobs) to do inbetween or alongside it all..

IamThisOne

I feel like everyday is a waste.

I'm currently in college and I am scared to death when I think about getting a "real" job. I just don't see it happening.

I don't want to be a downer, but I feel like it would be easier and better to just die.

hummadingdong

I guess we all have moments like that, some peoples moments last longer than others, but it can really eat at you if you keep thinking your not smart enough, because the truth is you are smart, it may not be in numbers or letters, but its in everything else that counts, its life.