Do you ever have "frustration fits"?

sketchy24

Well I'm not that extreme but yes I know what you're talking about. I'm the same way if I'm not at work or on the computer or something. That happens to me a lot. I don't read cause I feel I should be reading something more important, but when I pull that out I feel I should be doing something else. Or if I'm drawing, I can hardly sit still cause I feel like I should be doing something else more fun and exciting or moving on... but usually when I feel I can go out and do something, its usually around 2 am and I get frustrated theres nothing really to do that time of night. I get frustrated that I have to eat. In fact I still haven't eaten yet today. Or the state of my room like I should move out but its really too late to do anything about it today. And tomorrow I work all night so I only get 4 hours to myself during the day when I'm awake and I basically do nothing cause I feel I should be doing this but can't or feel I should be doing something else... or feel I can't do it in 4 hours etc etc. Then when I should be going to bed I don't because I feel I haven't done anything and don't want tomorrow to come yet then I get like 4 hours sleep cause I still have to get up for work and then I get even more irritated that I have to work.

So ya I know exactly what you're talking about.

And how is that OCD? I thought OCD was like always needing to count something or whatever. I don't think I would ever classify myself as someone with OCD... this just seems to be stemming out of sheer boredom if you ask me and really nothing interesting in your life.

I know exactly what you're talking about. Sometimes I will just get soooo frustrated with everything and I'll just be soo angry at every little thing. It's like since I've been holding it all in for such a long time, it all comes out at once in huge numbers. I will get really really angry sometimes. When I'm like this really badly I can just scream at people because they just make me soo angry!! I'll even break things or kick things. Then I get so frustrated that I ruined something I have to like hurt myself or do something to myself as a way to get it out. STUPID ANGER!!!!!!!!!!

sketchy24

luckygirlamyg23 said:
sketchy24 said:
And how is that OCD? I thought OCD was like always needing to count something or whatever. I don't think I would ever classify myself as someone with OCD... this just seems to be stemming out of sheer boredom if you ask me and really nothing interesting in your life.

Ok I was with you at first, but WTF who are you to say what is and is not OCD? Obviously, you don't have it, or it wouldn't be such a mystery to you. It's more than just counting things, and compulsive cleaning. I was diagnosed by a licensed psychiatrist, who, I'm sure, knows a lot more about it than you do. :?

Woah I think you were reading that wrong. I was just genuinely curious and asking how is that OCD. I don't know much (well nothing really) about it. All I've ever heard about OCD is the urge to knock on a certain type of desk or counting stuff or something. I was just making a statement. If you felt there was some kind of attitude in that statement, I apologize, it wasn't my intention to sound that way or like I know more about it than you.

Lo

luckygirlamyg23 said:
I've been experiencing one all day today. I'm OCD and Cyclothymic, and this morning, I just woke up feeling frustrated about everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. I was frustrated about having to eat, I was frustrated at my hunger, I'm frustrated at needing to sleep at all, and not being able to just stay up 24 hours a day...I'm frustrated at the state of my apartment, and I'm frustrated because it seems like no matter how much I clean, it's STILL dirty and nasty, and everything around me just feels filthy, I feel filthy, and my shower needs cleaning, so even after I take a shower I still feel unclean. I'll start one thing, and I'll be frustrated because I'm not doing something else, and then when I do the "something else," I'm frustrated because I'm not doing the first thing! I'm frustrated at having to brush my teeth or use the bathroom...it's like it sinks into every single aspect of my day, and I don't know how to handle it.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? :cry:
I am right there with you, while i was reading your post i felt like i was describing myself. I use to think i was bipolar because of the depression and the euphoric highs but i know many people with bipolar and i know i dont suffer from bipolar but instead cyclothymia i also have ocd. i am currently frustrated with everything around me, i am graduating highschool in 4 days and i am extreamly stressed, everything in my life just seems like a chore.

TAMPA-BAY

Hi everyone. I regular attend a bipolar/anxiety meetup group and I do think Ive heard the term "Cyclothymic" Is that the rapid swings? Could you enlighten me and others who would like to learn more from people who have experience it first hand?

x000x

luckygirlamyg23 said:
I've been experiencing one all day today. I'm OCD and Cyclothymic, and this morning, I just woke up feeling frustrated about everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. I was frustrated about having to eat, I was frustrated at my hunger, I'm frustrated at needing to sleep at all, and not being able to just stay up 24 hours a day...I'm frustrated at the state of my apartment, and I'm frustrated because it seems like no matter how much I clean, it's STILL dirty and nasty, and everything around me just feels filthy, I feel filthy, and my shower needs cleaning, so even after I take a shower I still feel unclean. I'll start one thing, and I'll be frustrated because I'm not doing something else, and then when I do the "something else," I'm frustrated because I'm not doing the first thing! I'm frustrated at having to brush my teeth or use the bathroom...it's like it sinks into every single aspect of my day, and I don't know how to handle it.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? :cry:

I know what you're talking about. It happens to me at least once or twice a week. Throughout the whole day i'll be so frustrated and angry about everything because it seems like i'm not getting any time to have any fun even though I might be doing something fun at the time. But all the things i'm doing that are usually fun just don't seem fun when i'm frustrated like that. I especially hate going to school because I have to sit there and I only get to talk to my friends a little bit during the day and it seems like I have to do all this stuff. When I get homework I get really frustrated because it's like when do I get time to relax and when I do get time to relax I find that there's nothing fun to do.

SunnySun

I understand that OCD is different for everyone. I was looking through the Dr. Phil archive website, and I came across this woman slideshow about her OCD and how Dr. Phil got her treatment.

It looks like it is a treatable condition. What I like about Dr. Phil is that he knows how to get the right people, and it's sad that some of us spend quiet sometime finding the right treatment. I know that for certain people it's a matter of committment to get treatment on their part, but some people don't get the right treatments so easily.

I wish Dr. Phil would tell us how to find the right therapists.