do you feel loved?

alex29

i write a lot of journal entries and this is something thta always comes up.

i don't feel loved. i feel like i could disappear and no one would notice or look for me. i feel like nobody would make an effort to seek me out for any reason. that nobody genuinely cares for me, they just tolerate me, or don't dislike me.

this conclusion always makes me cry. i feel so full of love to give to someone else but there's no one around to share it with.

alex29

i have a small family. i know im loved there but they are hundreds of miles away. i can always fall back on them but i wish i had more than that.

the other thing is even though i know im loved by some people i dont feel it. i almost feel numb.

fearlessvenom

i know wht u mean, i have a really loving family, its only me, my mom, dad, and brothe. and they do know i have sa, and they have been really suportive.
but besides them, i dont feel close to another human being.

alex29

i dont think my family knows i have SA but they know im shy and introverted obviously becaues thats hard to hide

so i know they love me but for my SA problems theyre not really a good support system...

Reholla

its k ind of weird that this thread was posted right after i posted something else exactly like it.

well, the answer is, I do feel loved. But you cant look for other people to show you love. You have to be loving for others for you to feel love in return. So where does this love come from and how do you get it? The answer to that for me is my relationship with God.

this is what i posted on the thread i began--

This is what I would want to tell anyone, if I had one chance to tell you something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKZuiJ3QNBY

joeljjison

i know in my brain that i am, but i can't feel it alot of the time. I think it makes a big difference if you are around the people who love you. If they love you, they don't judge you, and you can feel their love... but its alot easier to feel if your as nearby as possible.

I am a little worried by G-d coming into this, but each to their own. I can't help but feeling its a little like scamming the desperate unemployed with dodgy 'jobs'

Nevertheless, opinions on G-d aside, if he helps you, go ahead. Its your choice, and thats the most important thing.

In short- if you don't feel loved, but do think people love you in your mind... get closer to the people who love you

Reholla

God's name isn't a curse word so you don't have to block it out.

I am not trying to impose on anyone's belief systems. But GOD=LOVE. you can't talk about one without the other. I know there is love between humans you can talk about, but where does that love come from? You have to feel it within yourself to return it, and that is a God-given gift.

However you feel just go outside and tell God. If you are mad, yell at Him. He doesnt care, He already knows thats in your heart so just let it out. The farthest from God you can be is apathetic.

If your faith is low, like i know mine has been at times in my life, read "Mere Christianity." A dear friend and mentor of mine suggested it to me and I could not put it down. It makes you think. And also makes you feel good. It is comforting BECAUSE it is REAL. its not a feel-good christian book. its just the truth. keep an open mind about it and I promise you God will bless you in so many ways, He is so good.
Not to mention CS Lewis is one of the greatest authors of our time. The way he words things is an art, really.

Thats just my suggestion. Yes you can find things that temporarily fill the void. But please, listen to that song on youtube. I hope that helps.

alex29

Reholla said:
God's name isn't a curse word so you don't have to block it out.

I am not trying to impose on anyone's belief systems.

has it occurred to you that maybe he blocks the name out because its a part of his belief system to do so?

but id rather not have this thread turn into a religious thread. i cant feel love from god because i dont believe in him.

that being said, im glad you feel loved in your beliefs. in a way i envy you.

but please lets keep this on topic thanks

No, I don't. I don't feel it, and I don't think I am either. I wouldn't expect someone to love me though, and I don't blame anyone for it. Sometimes I just think it might be nice to feel loved by someone.

siriusblack

Psychedelicious said:
No, I don't. I don't feel it, and I don't think I am either. I wouldn't expect someone to love me though, and I don't blame anyone for it. Sometimes I just think it might be nice to feel loved by someone.

you don't want to know, how much i can relate...
even though people do TELL me i'm loved...
it's never shown...
i don't even feel worthy of having a girlfriend anymore...

chris87

I feel loved by my family (most of the time!). I don't really feel loved by too many other people though.

Reholla

Alex 29,

dont feel like you cant have that same relationship. all of human kind has their own souls and the ability to feel like theres SOME ONE out there that created us, knows us, and cares about us. i dont know your past, and theres a lot that goes into peoples personal beliefs. I am not trying to make this religious but i just didnt want you to use the term envy about some ones own beliefs because a relationship with God isnt meant to cause envy for anyone, its a personal decision.

alex29 said:
has it occurred to you that maybe he blocks the name out because its a part of his belief system?

Yeah... lets not make this a religious thread. But i also don't speak for other peoples beliefs. You know just as well as I do WHY he did this..So why dont we ask
joeljjison , why did you block out God's name then?

I thought about not responding, but i also dont want people being mislead by a comment about some one else's beliefs.

littl3misstrange

Only by my family. But, that's not enough anymore.

Well, there is this one guy I've been talking to for a while, but we haven't actually "met" yet. I do feel loved by him & that means more to me than he'll ever know.

Kien

I feel loved... enough by my father. And I almost think that I am the one of the 4 kids that my mother loves most.

jschuley

I do not feel very loved, though I know I must be loved by my family, my grandma, my mom, my best friend.

I have a need for love that will never be filled, though. I tell my mom I love her sometimes and she does not always say it back. I tell my best friend I love him and sometimes he does not say it back, once he told me he knows when I say I love him it comes from some deep, dark needy place inside me and he doesn't always want to satisfy that.