Do you like psychologists in general?

mariecherrie

I have been seeing my psychologist almost a year now, and as a person, I like him.. and if he was some one in my life i think we would get along fine..

But, its kind of weird to me that their life work is figuring out whats wrong with people--- and if they have it all figured out "themselves included" WHY ARE THEIR PERSONALITIES SO BORING?!???

HAS ANYONE EVER MET A PSYCHOLOGIST WITH QUIRKS?

i guess the reason i like psychologists in general is that they are level headed and dependable people..

but i feel like they all have the SAME personality..

TheNewZero

I actually think that they're supposed to be like that- you know without a personality. I took a psych class last year and my professor also had a private practice. He was a very quirky, funny guy, but said that when you're with a patient you have to put your personality away. He also said that when you're training to be a psychologist they teach you how to react to what the patients say because you can't show your true emotions. It weirds me out too. I think I would respond better to someone who's actually acting like a real person.

miss_amy

Ive only ever seen one so not much to compare with each other but my psychologist is a wonderful lady. I feel I get on with her real well. The sessions I feel like Ive had a chat and released stuff, rather than had anything too clinical. Its definitely changing something in my mind and I am moving forward. She has a personality for sure and she helps me find mine in those sessions too.

Patrick123

I saw one, but it made my anxiety worse. I experienced 'rolling' panic attacks (one right after another) for an entire day immediately after the session. I've seen a psychiatrist and now that I'm on medication, I think I'm going to see another psycologist so I can put this shit behind me...

I just hate sitting around and talking about my feelings -makes me want to blow my fucking brains out...

anxiousguy83

Mine was very nice too, smiling and full of life. Unfortunately it seemed she didn't have any clues about SA. She admitted she didn't quite understand me, but did eventually diagnose me with a mild form for Asperger's Syndrom...
I think people must have felt it themselves to ever understand us :?