Do you own a motor vehicle?

telepathine

i do. i don't live in the city and public transportation doesn't run out to where i live. and i work 'weird' hours.

(but it's in the car hospital right now. last week i was in accident that resulted in $7700 worth of damage. thank goodness for auto insurance. :x )

Ithior

Well my mum gave my sister and I her "old" car, but we barely use it. I haven't used it in almost a year, my sister hasn't used it in the past months either. My mum "threatened" us that she would sell and I was ok with it, I don't really like driving that car. I don't like driving around in the city in general either.

So I basically walk, get a ride from my parents or take the bus. If I move out I might start using a bike or get a car that fits me better.

thegunners21

i do. i don't live in the city and public transportation doesn't run out to where i live. and i work 'weird' hours.

(but it's in the car hospital right now. last week i was in accident that resulted in $7700 worth of damage. thank goodness for auto insurance. :x )

whoa whoa whoa! Are you ok teletubby?

Roman Legion

I own a car and a motorcycle. I have only had one accident with the car back in 2008, but it wasn't too bad and nobody else was involved (I was new to driving and hit the brake and accelerator and hit a loading dock while attempting to turn around.) I have no issues on my motorcycle.

Last edited:

rosewood

Geeze, are you OK? :sad:

Roman Legion

2lotnk.jpg

I'll find a picture of my car later.

xDreamseller

Yeh, I love driving. Fast :)

Hitting 100mph on country roads in Ireland...When I'm driving alone, with music blasting, I feel like I am actually me for once.

Road_at_Ballylesson_-_geograph.org.uk_-_667916.jpg

MikeyC

Yeh, I love driving. Fast :)

Hitting 100mph on country roads in Ireland...When I'm driving alone, with music blasting, I feel like I am actually me for once.
Nice. :) I love highway/freeway driving for that reason, too. Nothing but the open road and music.

xDreamseller

Everyone else gets frustrated in early morning traffic and rush hour...I love it. I'd only be sitting at home listening to music otherwise anyway.

MikeyC

Everyone else gets frustrated in early morning traffic and rush hour...I love it. I'd only be sitting at home listening to music otherwise anyway.
Haha, that's true, but it does depend on my mood. ::p: I see what you mean, though, as I go for walks with my iPod because I was only going to be sitting at home listening to music anyway. Might as well get some exercise out of it!

mikebird

Banned
My car is my best friend. 3rd vehicle I've owned, and best. In the large car park, it's the same saloon class as about 15 of em. Thes rest are tiny mini class. 72 cars. All of them are printine from the factory and nothing as old as 2011. It beggars belief how people have or want to. Financed? Roads are GRIDLOCKED.

MINE IS 15 years old, 100% reliable, not yet 200,000 on the clock. Far too big for me, without 12 children to fit in the 3 seats, but a valuable lesson learned from ownership I didn't choose. I bought it from an ex girlfriend for exactly £200. Who spends so much money on the next model of the right colour and customised everything... Hand-stitched seat covers? Anyone cares what's inside the metal shell? The kind of person who needs a chauffeur? Unsure how to put fuel in the tank? I love a girl who likes a machine.

Every cat in the car park jumps onto the bodywork when I'm there, climbing all over the dashboard and rear shelf for a good view outside, rolling over... Each watching the other inside and out on the boot, bonnet, roof, pawing each other on the glass, rubbing their head on the corners of the open doors

Best feature of all 3 cars was a custom sound system to let me detach myself from home and not worry about my apartment block if I make too much noize. Can't really discern if it's the speedhumps or potholes we have to bounce over or the subwoofer that cause the most disturbance. Best is when stopping for a break on a journey with others, opening the boot to expose the sun and turn it up. From any brick walls or trees around for the throb to bounce of anything else is surreally shaking at 22Hz

Do want a bike. When the car goes for scrap. Shame of lack of sound, but hoping the excitement of speed would make the bike worthy. No earplugs in the helmet for me. No desire for a Honda Goldwing with the tweeters in the awnings

Last edited:

Section_31

I do yes. I live in the city, and yes we do have public transportation, but to take the bus to my work would take me 3 hours one way....ya no thanks, im not standnig outside waiting for that when its -30 outside.

My truck is big, bulky, and probably not very practical for city living but...*shrug* i care not. its what i want and it makes me happy. And i have the security of knowing ill obliterate anything i get into an accident with. THATS a safety featuer you can count on!

telepathine

no injuries! i was very lucky. i should have my car back in about a week and a half. driving the poor little thing will be nervewracking. :x

i wouldn't mind having a motorcycle! but i don't think i could trust my ability in controlling one...

anuskas

Yes, I do. I live in the city and I could easily take the bus but I love driving and I need the car to move fast from one side to the other. Also, on vacation I like to travel across the country by car and I have already driven to Madrid. I´m addicted to driving.

Roman Legion

i wouldn't mind having a motorcycle! but i don't think i could trust my ability in controlling one...

They have courses for motorcycles, and I love my bike. I'm about to go out on it to get to the gym in just a moment. Cost $13 to fill it's tank with premium petrol. It gets about the same range as my car, but much cheaper and much more enjoyable.

Do want a bike. When the car goes for scrap. Shame of lack of sound, but hoping the excitement of speed would make the bike worthy. No earplugs in the helmet for me. No desire for a Honda Goldwing with the tweeters in the awnings

I personally prefer Kawasaki sport bikes, they range in power and I suggest buying used like I did (Craigslist). If you are bored and have time to burn, find a local motorcycle dealer and sit on some bike to find what you are looking for (Riding position, weight.. et cetera.) I found I like 500cc-650cc, bike isn't too heavy and I have all the power I need and upright riding position is better for me than laying. Never hurts to go look and get information. I personally find new bikes to all look the same and new Ninjas are hideous ever since they changed the design.

Last edited:

this_portrait

Nope. I take public transportation everywhere I go. Luckily, the trains and buses here are (for the most part) reliable and make it so that you can even travel outside of the city limits.

coyote

Nope. I take public transportation everywhere I go. Luckily, the trains and buses here are (for the most part) reliable and make it so that you can even travel outside of the city limits.

living in the city, i hardly needed a car - chicago had a great transportation system. it was always a hassle to go check on the car and make sure it hadn't gotten a ticket for something after leaving it parked for a few weeks.