Do you prefer to eat in private?

JediKnight

I always liked to eat alone, where no one watches me. Like at resturants if someone is facing my table i will turn away from them.

GIOLANDA

Exactly. That's a big SA problem for me. However,I love eating with my family,so I'm anxious only with other ppl.

shipost

Yeah like that with family to, if we go somwhere to eat I will go choose my seat while they order the food so im facing a wall :lol:

dmsg

I prefer eating in private, even with my famile. I spend most of my meals eating in front of computer hehe.

crescent

If I'm eating with someone that I know, I don't mind eating in public, but if I don't have anyone accompany me, I will buy packed and eat at home.

I don't like to eat in public much either, mainly because I like to eat little and often instead of big meals, so I don't like people commenting on how little I'm eating, I can't help it, I just don't have a big apetite. Also, cos I'm vegetarian it can be difficult trying to find something I'll actually like at a restaurant because usually the only veggie options are cooked vegetables, yuck lol.

jayfan

dmsg said:
I prefer eating in private, even with my famile. I spend most of my meals eating in front of computer hehe.
same here . the last time i ate at the kitchen table was thanksgiving.

jauggy

Definitely. I prefer to eat in private. I prefer to do most things in private anyway though.

Septor

Luckily for me I never had problems with eating in front of people unless there like sitting there staring at me or something.

Lotrsfan

I like eating out, but i get anxious when the tables are so close together and it's packed. I like to choose the table though, sometimes i'll sit facing away from the people sitting round at other tables, but then sometimes if the place is not that packed and my SA isn't that bad that day i like to face them so that i can watch to see if they are watching me.
We are going on holiday to Scotland next weekend and my dad wants to go eating out places, so i hope the places they choose to eat in ain't that packed and my SA isn't that bad those days.

scatmantom

I enjoy eating out once i get comfortable...but I feel much safer eating at home. I dont mind people watching me so long as im not eating messy foods!

carebear

if it is packed, i eat facing a wall or window (as long as people are not outside)

..if not packed i don't mind but it also depends on if the food is messy or not like said above.

its so crazy i know! :oops:

2QuietForThem

I enjoy eating with other people ONLY if I know them well, like family members. Otherwise, I like to eat alone, but I must have a newspaper or magazine to read. That takes my mind off of thinking that everyone is staring at me. I have no problems eating in nicey restaurants as long I have my reading material.

turtlegirl

I don't enjoy eating out especially when it's crowded or people are sitting so close to you. Eating in booths is generally fine. I just don't like the thought of being overheard or people realizing I'm not talking much with my husband heh. Doesn't help also that my husband can scarf down food and when he's done I'm only 1/4 done. I also feel insecure about how I dress etc since I don't like to spend money on clothes but don't have much good to wear :(

IceLad

Yep, I prefer eating in private too. When I don't have that choice, I like to eat in a corner/ by a wall, rather than smack bang in the middle of the room so it gives me a bit of 'shelter'.

Predacon

I don't usually have a problem eating out in public places as long as I can get a table to myself, I just block everyone else out or make sure I have something to read. My main problem is when I occasionally go out to work and I have to go up to the one of those tiny break rooms and try to find a seat where I can have some space. I hate when you get there and most of the seats are already taken.

OG

i don't mind eating in public jus the people i eat usally say stuff cuz i look slighty to left of them if directly facing each other i jus can't stare at som while they eat guess im a weirdo lol o well

bimbo45

shipost said:
Yeah like that with family to, if we go somwhere to eat I will go choose my seat while they order the food so im facing a wall :lol:
That is exactly what i do when i go to restaurnts or cafe's. If you find a solution to this problem let me know. All my family don't have this problem, just me and i feel like an outcast.