Do you sweat even if you're relaxed?

Late at night before and in bed do you still sweat? If I'm relaxed my hands don't sweat at all. I'm wondering if hyperhidrosis happens even when you're relaxed.

NickM

Yes mine does unless I lay down and close my eyes trying to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilou132

My hands and feet only sweat if I'm stressed. I have noticed that is 100% related to my phycological state, even if the weather is very hot. I also have noticed that there is a link with my respiration.

zoleexl

My palms and feet doesn't sweat :
- while i sleep
- as the night approaches
- after long physical activity
- if i'm on holiday and i can afford not to do anything stressful, (for ex. just lying in bed, reading)
Palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis appear at:
- the thought(yes, even the thought) of physical activity
- if i have to hurry
- the thought and the real process of physical or mental/ intellectual work
- fear response

So i think in my case it's related to stress hypersensitivity and stress intolerance. However, my armpits used to sweat a lot, but that mostly subsided.
Treatment history:

-Xanax - didn't help with this problem, also i didn't feel any effect (at dose of 75 mg)
- sage tea - nope, didn't work
- Sertraline SSRI - nope
- Gabapentin - nope

So nothing worked. I'm planning on measuring my cortisol levels, see if it correlates with my HH. If it is, then it's stress-induced.

It's very embarassing for me, i had it since i was a little child, but as i grew older, i noticed other problems, which can or cannot be related to this, but it is a vicious circle. Most notably i fear that my memory and cognitive problems are due to the long periods of cortisol exposure, which can harm the brain. I'm 25/M.

I'm 25/M.