Does anyone else have this problem

bladeds

I often obsess a lot over money for example if when I bought a RAM stick for my PC and it did not work. This was only 25 pounds months ago but I still think of how I wasted the money now, in the order of things it should not really matter however I become obsessed with it.

Also when I do well in a subject at college for example in my AS exams, I seemed to obsess a lot over it and find it hard to get it out of my head and obsess about the grades I have and what Could have got all the time.

Does any one know if these types of obsessions are related to OCD or just normal, Does anyone have Obsessions like these

FOR REAL

Banned
RAM sticks. theres loads of "bits" of computer all over my house! that cooling fan is lying around somewhere! the side panel is off my tower and im using a cooling fan for the room!

yes its an obsession with me! and i dont care either! :D

mismeek

i dunno.. maybe i have anxiety but recently ive been obsessing over money because ive recently bought a car and im afraid i wont have enought for the payments.. the payments are REALLY low and im totally capapble of making the payments..but its just that "what if " that bothers me

yesnomaybe

i dunno.. maybe i have anxiety but recently ive been obsessing over money because ive recently bought a car and im afraid i wont have enought for the payments.. the payments are REALLY low and im totally capapble of making the payments..but its just that "what if " that bothers me

I understand your concern very, very well. A couple of years ago I drove a 1994 Geo Prizm that had about 150,000 miles on it. The car was so old, the door handles had broken off. In order to get the car doors to open, I pulled on wires that I attached to the metal latch that the handles would have normally attached to. The wires hung right off the side of the exterior of the car on each side. My sister used to laugh every time that she saw how I'd rigged it. She called them ghetto handles.

Anyway, when I finally gave in and purchased my civic (the car that I currently drive), the sales guy, upon preparing the financing, asked me if I knew my credit score. I shrugged my shoulders and merely told him that it should be very good, never having missed a payment on anything. He stepped out of the office for a few minutes after that, and eventually returned whistling a happy tune. He held the results to my credit check in his hands. You can drive out with a Ferrari today if you'd like, he told me.

I grew up very poor, my family being first generation immigrants to the US. My dad never had steady work. Even though I work in corporate america and have never been laid off, I still live with the concern that I will lose my job and be unable to pay my expenses.

VioletTears

Having enough money isn't really a big concern for us since DH and I both work full time. We don't make a lot but we make enough. I do sometimes have an issue with reckless spending though. Sometimes I get impulsive and spend too much. Last weekend I ordered $150 worth of clothes for my son, $250 worth of toys/books/etc for him and $150 worth of lingerie for myself. After I do stuff like that I get anxious because I know I'm being irresponsible and I worry my husband will notice and get mad at me. Aside from that my other issue is that I don't pay bills. I'm just so unmotivated and unorganized. We end up with collection agencies after us and companies threatening to cut off our service constantly (once they did cut off our service) even though we have the money.