Does anyone else here, have light sensitive eyes?

anxiety1408

Am I only the one here lol, My eyes are like really light sensitive. When I go outside I can feel it, sometimes i feel i cant directly look in front of me when i walk and I should look down a bit to prevent the light getting into my eyes lol. And sometimes i dont look people straight in the face because of this. It doesn't help my anxiety at all, and the anxiety just feeds it more lol.

I remember going for an eye check up that i requested to see if i could read from long distances, he shined a torch in my eyes first and then my eyes got all teary, he was like your eyes are really dry and recommended me some eye drops lol, they were only a very temporary cure though.

Does anyone else here, have light sensitive eyes?

WeirdyMcGee

Yep~
I think they're just not used to natural light since I've been indoors for 3 years now.
I'll be going to an optometrist eventually, since I have a lazy eye and it needs to be checked every so often... so I'll ask about light sensitivity as well.
I guess all you can really do is keep your sunglasses on.

...the problem is finding a cheap pair that actually fit me. -__-

anxiety1408

Yep~
I think they're just not used to natural light since I've been indoors for 3 years now.
I'll be going to an optometrist eventually, since I have a lazy eye and it needs to be checked every so often... so I'll ask about light sensitivity as well.
I guess all you can really do is keep your sunglasses on.

...the problem is finding a cheap pair that actually fit me. -__-

Yeah I think its caused by being indoors alot, and what effects it more is spending alot of time on the computer, that did me no good.

haha, I dont wear sunglasses lol I just let it be lol. The only way its gonna improve i guess is to go out more and use the computer less to get use to the surroundings, cos at the moment i suppose the eyes are use to their current surroundings of being inside/on the computer, and when i go out or exposed to bright light it comes as a shock to the eyes.

WeirdyMcGee

The only way its gonna improve i guess is to go out more and use the computer less to get use to the surroundings, cos at the moment i suppose the eyes are use to their current surroundings of being inside/on the computer, and when i go out or exposed to bright light it comes as a shock to the eyes.

Oh, yeah-- that's true but I'm more worried about going outside and closing or covering my eyes because it feels like they're melting-- then getting hit by a car.
haha
I don't like wandering around in a blind haze!

anxiety1408

Oh, yeah-- that's true but I'm more worried about going outside and closing or covering my eyes because it feels like they're melting-- then getting hit by a car.
haha
I don't like wandering around in a blind haze!

haha Im more worried about what other people are thinking and seeing, I wouldn't want them to see my eyes looking all teary or me looking uncomfortable, and that just adds to the anxiety of it all lol

anxiety1408

Yes, I have really light sensitive eyes as well. Does the pigment of the iris have to do with light sensitivity? I have lighter colored eyes and must always wear sunglasses when I have to go outside otherwise I can't keep my eyes open. My eyes hurt when I look out a bright window or when the dentist shines the light over my mouth as well...

My eyes are browny. Yeah the bright window and dentist shining light sounds familiar lol , to add to that list when I use to take driving lessons my eyes sometimes would get really teary due to the exposure of light.

Apotheosis

Yes, I have to wear sunglasses outside and dim the lights indoors. Bright light is extremely painful to me.

It's annoying because I like the outdoors, and tinted swim-goggles are expensive.