Does anyone else....

hbanana11

....get really excited when they get a pm or someone quotes them?

I do and i dont really know why. I guess i like not being ignored online but its totally different in real life-I LOVE to be ignored in real life because i hate being the center of attention......idk, its kind of stupid :oops:

Helyna

I go NUTS. Well, at least, I get a sort of glowy feeling. Someone pays attention to me!!!!

Would you like me to PM you, or would admitting you want it kind of ruin it?

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one. :D :D

hbanana11

Helyna said:
I go NUTS. Well, at least, I get a sort of glowy feeling. Someone pays attention to me!!!!

Would you like me to PM you, or would admitting you want it kind of ruin it?

I'm SO glad I'm not the only one. :D :D
That's what its like for me! I get REALLY excited and happy! :D

And i would never mind a pm! :p

zootdroop

No. I get really nervous and it takes me a while to look at e-mails and response to my posts. I'm afraid to know what people have said about me.

RedRibbons

I feel a bit uncomfortable when people quote me..
I also feel a bit uncomfortable when people pm me, cause I sometimes don't know what to say?
I do like when people acknowledge something I have said.. And agree with it, or add more.

hbanana11

RedRibbons said:
I feel a bit uncomfortable when people quote me..
I also feel a bit uncomfortable when people pm me, cause I sometimes don't know what to say?
I do like when people acknowledge something I have said.. And agree with it, or add more.
Exactly. Sometimes i do feel uncomfortable because i dont know how to respond.... but my excitement stems from the fact that someone acknowledged/recognized me.

Dave_McFadden

hbanana11 said:
....get really excited when they get a pm or someone quotes them?

I do and i dont really know why. I guess i like not being ignored online but its totally different in real life-I LOVE to be ignored in real life because i hate being the center of attention......idk, its kind of stupid :oops:

I like when someone says they can relate to my post. I also like the idea that I can help give people words for their thoughts or feelings. Too often, I've had trouble verbally communicating with others about mine. Some of that is shyness, I guess, but often it's hard for me to come up with the right words to say. If we know how to express these things in words, we can feel better about telling someone, and it's easier for us to defend against misinterpretations. So I'm always on the lookout for phrases that can help me put into words my thoughts/feelings.

So, If something I post can help them express thoughts or feelings verbally, then I feel glad to know that I helped someone with this. Now they're better able to express themselves too.

chris87

I always get excited when I get a pm, especially on facebook. It's not like that happens all that often though. I do have one friend, and we talk quite a bit. I guess I kind of like the attention.

Rodox

PM freaks me out,somebody sent me a message in this site and I immediately closed,sorry about that...

I don't so much care if someone quotes me, because half the time that means they disagree with you, but it's always a good feeling to have a PM or two in the inbox. Maybe if we all PMed each other more often, we'd all feel better.

Ken

Yeah, getting a pm is awesome. :) I also like being ignored in real life, but like attention on line. I guess its cause you're not actually talking face to face with someone.