Does anyone knows...

marki

... something that calmes you down, i don't mean medicines or alcohol..but just something like..i dont know what?? :?

im sorry this doesn't makes any sense ..i know :p

Im just ssooo nervous because of my new school, it also affects my appetite, i alreaddy go to my new school for almost two weeks and still im so damn nervous.. :x

MarCPatt

1) exercise helps

2) eating healthily helps too

3) daily meditations does wonders as well.

Chilling__Echo

have you tried breathing excercises? i've found relaxation in those, and also, try tensing your body up as hard as you can and then slowly, release it all out from head to toe breathing out slowly. that helps me too. or listen to calm music?

Kezada

listen to your favorite music on earphones. feel good music i dunno, scooter? trance or dance? ENYA? lol

Kezada

Dovir

Usually what calms me down is watching TV, video games or listining to music/radio.

paul

Sometimes I find that ranting to somebody helps me a lot - just complaining bitterly about everything you're annoyed with, like venting your anger. Don't have anybody to vent to? You could even just rant to IM robots (I don't know of any on MSN, but if you have AIM, SmarterChild is a fun one). Their responses are so unhelpful and annoying they actually seem amusing.

example:
Me: I hate it when I see all those confident people. Un-yay for social phobia.
SmarterChild: Which movie do you mean?

:lol:

on a more serious note, do you live in a city? If you don't live in a really populated area, maybe try walking around - make sure there aren't many people, that could just add to your frustration. If you have a pet, take her or him out for a walk, or you can just do it alone.
I can't really beat the other advice here- excercising daily, eating healthy, music, and breathing excercises really do help a lot.

Fighter86

worrydoll said:
umm being late.

I do that all the time. One day, a fellow classmate asked 'why are u always late?' I said 'can't wake up on time', which is partially true. I hate school so I always wake up late, & even if I wake up early, I would still dily dally & end up late.

To marki:
I suggest u plug in ur earphones & listen to some songs that u like. It juz might calm u down, besides, it gives u something to do before classes start. Its something that I always do when I'm travelling from one place to another.

Hastur

I do some self hypnosis, comparable to meditation, I suppose, helped me past a panic attack once.
I need to isolate myself to do this currently, though.
Breathing excercises and chewing gum help too.