Does it get easier when you move out?

I won't know what to do in case something goes wrong, in case I run out of money,

Move back in with the parents at that point.

in case there's a fire

Go outside and call 911.

in case someone breaks into my home/apartment with a gun or whatever

Put your hands up and hold still, because life isn't an action movie and you can't dodge bullets. That's not a likely event though. More likely when living with parents whose place looks worth burglarizing.

in case I go into a car crash

Call your car insurance company. They tell you what to do. The back of the insurance card also has basic instructions.

or get lost

Buy a GPS, or call 911 if you can't un-lose yourself.

in case I run out of gas for my car

Call your insurance's roadside assistance.

Not only that, but I might come across violent/aggressive people in my life if say I walk down the streets alone and someone will pop out of nowhere and try to beat me/rob me/force me into sexual intercourse.

Move to a decent city. Nothing like that has ever happened in my life and I go for a walk alone almost every day (I'm very physically non-imposing so should be a prime target).

I don't know if it's as harder if you're single and have no spouse for support/care. Can you actually make it on your own without having a relationship?

It's really a lot easier than it looks. Your parents probably live a complicated life because they have a whole family to look after. On your own, life can be simplified drastically. Things don't have to be kept as clean when nobody else sees them, etc. I found things much easier after I moved out.

arjuna said:
I found myself almost going insane at times because I didn't speak to anyone for over a week.

Sometimes I went months without talking to anyone. The freedom was still worth it.

Last edited:

arialgrande

Independen is always important to us. It makes us grow up and is good for our future. However, all of us need our familly, they can be the background and support us in many ways. So, asking for help when you're in trouble is not a bad idea

arjuna

Sometimes I went months without talking to anyone. The freedom was still worth it.

How did you remain sane? The thing is, that if you are "normal" you could probably do that. I believe monks go off into the mountains, don't speak to anyone for years and are in a state of permanent bliss. I'm far from a monk. If you have issues like many people on this site have, not having social contact for a long may not seem like a good idea.