Does social anxiety make a man look weak.

longlivesolitude

I'm a boy and I'm quite sure I look weak to a lot of people and as dzerklis says also angry etc. Anxiety just doesn't bring beauty to a person - happiness does. But yeah we do have some qualities that confident outgoing people doesn't and some girls might prefer that. Hm.. it's probably more important that we change thoughts and get past SA (even though it might seem endless) than just wait for a girl or sociaty in general to say "That quite and nervous guy is alright".

scatmantom

yea i think it makes me look pathetic and to be honest it is pathetic. Its not a difficult thing to have a conversation with a stranger or some1 i find attractive, yet i cant do it without looking/acting like a complete GOON.

I don't anybody who have SA are weak even though it is personal issue, because you get to know the honest and caring people who will understand your SA not some total loser who thinks about themselves and don't understand people with SA. :x

My friend also has SA and he has met someone who does not have SA but she understands him and support him. It was difficult first when they were dating because he could even look at her but after a few dates he got comfortable and relax in the relationship. :D :)

Maggot

crescent said:
I don't think it's a good blend if we have SP then we have bf/gf with SP also. I can imagine the whole time will be mostly silence... :D .
But I do want a non SP bf who understands about my problem, I think I will tell him about my condition then once we got more serious (and if I have guts to do that..haha... :D ).

I dont really agree about the first part of what you said. In my opinion The only way you would both be silent together would be if you didnt know about each others condition. Once you were both "unmasked" around each other you would feel much more comfortable and would probably talk all the time. you could share expiriences and talk about your anxieties and be able to really help each other. This could go well with someone who doesnt have SA but i think it would be much more difficult for someone like that to deal with people like us. It would take a great deal of understanding and patience.
In most cases People with SA have a greater understanding of suffering and thus have a much greater sensitivity toward others.

crescent

Maggot said:
crescent said:
I don't think it's a good blend if we have SP then we have bf/gf with SP also. I can imagine the whole time will be mostly silence... :D .
But I do want a non SP bf who understands about my problem, I think I will tell him about my condition then once we got more serious (and if I have guts to do that..haha... :D ).

I dont really agree about the first part of what you said. In my opinion The only way you would both be silent together would be if you didnt know about each others condition. Once you were both "unmasked" around each other you would feel much more comfortable and would probably talk all the time. you could share expiriences and talk about your anxieties and be able to really help each other. This could go well with someone who doesnt have SA but i think it would be much more difficult for someone like that to deal with people like us. It would take a great deal of understanding and patience.
In most cases People with SA have a greater understanding of suffering and thus have a much greater sensitivity toward others.

Yeah, you might be right at some point. But I'm just worried if we never get past through the first stage of "get to know each others condition". If he's honest with me first about his condition, then I can reveal myself too, otherwise it's a bit difficult. Hmm...but I'm also not sure cause I never met someone with SP in the real life. I have one colleague who is also very2 quiet, but I don't know whether she has SP or not, I'm guessing know, but it could be also that she's able to hide it, afraid that it will be known. Then I feel so difficult with her, I don't know what to talk about and she's quiet with me all the time too... And I never thought of being honest to her cause I'm not sure she understands.