Does this happen to you?

Hello, i was just wondering wether anybody here has spoken to somebody over msn messenger/yahoo whatever one night, and have really seemed to get on well with this person. You've shared mutual interests, you've seemed on pretty much the same wave length as them on most things and they've seemed to really enjoy your company. Although the next night, and a couple of nights after that, you've seen them dissapear just a few moments after youve signed in, or seen them with their status constantly set to 'away' the whole time, as though they're avoiding speaking to you.
It's quite confusing for me really, it makes me feel as though my perception of having 'hit it off' with somebody is incorrect, and that the feeling is not at all mutual. Or could it be that most of the people i intoruce myself to are SA sufferers, and most of the time just don't feel as though they can talk to people.
Anything you've experienced similar or any advise etc would be appreciated :idea: :)

Kezada

ye can happend quiet often to me, i put it down to paranoia. think about it, they might "actualy" be (away) or sumfin. and remember man you aint the only person on there contact list. do i make sence?

Kezada

Scottish_Player

Kezada said:
ye can happend quiet often to me, i put it down to paranoia. think about it, they might "actualy" be (away) or sumfin. and remember man you aint the only person on there contact list. do i make sence?

Kezada

Everything Kezada said :wink:

And also think about it, everytime someone is on their comp they arent always there to chat they maybe working or surfing the net for info. I know when i come on my msn auto signs me in and i then turn it off straight away to stop people talking to me so i can do whatever it is i wanted to do, but too then this might look like iam ignoring them.

Dont worry about it, if you let it get to you then you will become paranoid about it :?

paul

I agree, it probably just is being paranoid. I can relate to what you said Scottish_Player.

Try to think about times you've talked to them before - are you always the one IMing them, or do they IM you sometimes? If you find that it's almost always you talking to them, try giving them a little break and wait for them to IM you. Just a thought, because I tried that once with somebody who I thought was avoiding me and she asked me why I wasn't IMing her anymore :p

Pesik

This sounds familiar, but I am usually the one in the opposite position.
I really feel quite guilty sometimes and hope I do not hurt my friends feelings.
Often - after a night of talking to a friend with many similarities I go to sleep.... wake up the next day .... ignore the computer for the rest of the day.

This is not because I am angered or displeased with the person, but because I enjoy my time alone. After talking for quite some time I feel best resting for the day... even if it is just talking on the computer.

Basically I am trying to point out ...

Try not to assume the worst unless it is blatantly obvious they are purposely ignoring you.

Claireabell

MSN

I am so paranoid when it comes to MSN. I to have chatted to someone, we seem to get on so well and have a laugh, then when they sign in and don't contact, I feel I have done or said something wrong. If it is somebody with SA chances are they are waiting for you contact them which leaves you both there thinking come on give me the Wink :) quite funny really

Many a time I sign on but then go away and forget I am signed in. For those that know me well we have exchanged mobile number so we can text, I have had many a text saying, "Are you avoiding me".

Try not to worry about it.

Claire

blubs

taws said:
doesnt happen to me too much, i try to ignore them first, a pre-emptive ignore. i make it a game. so far im 25-0.

I think this is quite interesting
your always joking taws...so everything you say sounds a bit tongue in cheek...so I don't know if you meant this

but I've always done this in life...when I've made friends or met people I always wait for them to call me...or suggest things to do, because I'm scared they don't really want to be around me...
If you ignore people for long enough, they really will start dropping you.
Its unfair to expect other people to make all the effort, in any relationship.

nerdgirl178

How about not turning on your MSN messnenger? I assume people are just busy and has got other more important things to do. Or maybe they met someone more interesting.