Does this sound like a panic attack?

Sprunk

Ok so i have had SA for a long time though i don't think i have ever had a panic attack.Today at work i was fine just doing what i do,till i had a chat with a co-worker.I like this person a lot though my anxiety levels tend to go up when she is around.Anyway during our chat i just became really dizzy and kind of disorientated.I tried breathing exercises though that didn't help, and the feeling stayed with me all day.It wasn't until i got back to my apartment after work that i started to feel ok again.Do you think it could of been a panic attack?It was kind of like i was just watching my self and not really in control?

upndwn

It could have been a panic attack. Did you feel like you had trouble breathing? Hyperventilating? Did you feel numbness or prickling in your arms and hands?

Sprunk

It could have been a panic attack. Did you feel like you had trouble breathing? Hyperventilating? Did you feel numbness or prickling in your arms and hands?
Nah i just had trouble breathing and i felt dizzy and confused i guess.

upndwn

I think i have maybe felt like this before though never this bad.

If they start to occur more often and/or increase in intensity you should seek professional help. There are pills and exercises to help with this problem.

When I first started having panic attacks I literally thought I was going to die. When I learned to identify what it was it got easier to handle.

Sprunk

If they start to occur more often and/or increase in intensity you should seek professional help. There are pills and exercises to help with this problem.

When I first started having panic attacks I literally thought I was going to die. When I learned to identify what it was it got easier to handle.
Ok thanks for that i will try to see someone soon.And yeah it is a pretty bad feeling

lyricalliaisons

It was probably an anxiety attack. They are generally (at least for me) less severe than panic attacks & the anxiety attacks I have are a lot like what you described.

hi it sounds like a mild panic attack. I advise you go to a doc. I used to have very, very bad ones (heart pounding, world spinning, cold sweat) -- but now they are (when they hit) not so bad. Of course I am long term meds to control the stuff too. From my exp breathing doesn't help because you're already hyperventilating and you can't control it (or even think at that moment). Have a number you can call too, in case anything weird medical happens (for me, more prone to fainting when anxious)

Kiwong

Sounds more like the build up to a panic attack, without having a full on attack. I've felt dizzy, light with a tight chest for whole days on end without actually having an attack.

For me, the panic attack involves thinking I am going to imminently die, and usually ends up with me at hospital in the emergency ward.

we_r_eternal

in the midst of real full-blown panic attacks, the key aspect to it is you are fully 100% convinced that you are dying. usually people think they are having a heart attack. and hyperventilating...

I get these from time to time, especially if I have to go "out in society" after being at home several days in a row. I never really thought it was a problem, but now I see it could be. The more I stay away from "society" the less I want to be in "society"