Does your parents/parent support you?

Does your parents/parent support you?

• they do

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • they dont

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kezada

i was reading the thread called "My parents don't believe there's anything wrong!" and was wonderin how many people on here actualy have the support of there parent/parents.

Kezada

Ossoso

Sadly no.My father thought anything other then out right condemnation would be a enabler to continue with the behavior.

How I do envy lucky people that had supportive parents though.I don't think i would be in the position im in now if I had.

elProscrito

well, my parents are one of the causes of my sp and i get no support from them. i did not tell them that i have sp, but damn, they should have noticed that i was afraid to go out of the house, i had no friends and spent most of my time alone in my room. the only support i get from them is "why can't you be like others" or "you sit at home all day long, go out!". they make me feel bad with all that talking.
maybe they don't want to accept the fact that their son is a freak? :?

Sheeane

My parents think they support and understand me, but they don't. At first my gp and therapist kept them informed, but after a while I understood that they didn't have a clue about what was going on. Now I just smile and let them think I'm happy. Probably not the right thing to do, but at least I don't have to explain things they don't take serious anyway. :!:

4myself

elProscrito said:
well, my parents are one of the causes of my sp and i get no support from them. i did not tell them that i have sp, but damn, they should have noticed that i was afraid to go out of the house, i had no friends and spent most of my time alone in my room. the only support i get from them is "why can't you be like others" or "you sit at home all day long, go out!". they make me feel bad with all that talking.
maybe they don't want to accept the fact that their son is a freak? :?
Shudder, I got that when I had depression a few years ago "why cant you just be normal?" I am sad for everyone here that doesnt get the support they need. I havent told my parents and I dont intend to.

paul

My parents don't really know there's anything wrong, they think I'm "just being a teenager" which is very irritating.

Boundless

Altho she couldnt understand fully whats wrong with me,my mother supported me,my step monther didnt when i was living there tho.

LittleMissScareAll

sort of...my parents are great but I dont really think they understand me. They know I have SP & anxiety but I try to hide my depression the best I can, and I don't really talk about it much. My dad has said he doesn't think there's anything wrong with me also...my mom knows I have depression too but I dont think she knows how bad it is.

sheree

My mum has agorophobia and depression so she helps me out as much as she can, i think she feels guilty about how i am.

sensitive

this is a good question. first of all my father is not alive, he died 3 months ago. we had been away from eachother for ten years however we had had good relashionship. i told him i have SA in the late of 04 or early this year (not quite sure). he was supportive, he told me to do my best in socializing, making some friends. my mom is the real issue, she knows that i have SA coz she was with me in my first visit to a psychiatrist in the late of last year. she is a nurse so she has good information about mental illnesses however she is not supportive. once she said "u are my son, i am quite sure there is nothing wrong with u" :? . the point is she simply not aware of my condition.

Chilling__Echo

my dad doesn't know jsut because he wouldn't understand. my mom knows and even agreed before i went to the doc that i might have it. she feels she might have suffered from it if not just severe shyness too so she knows how i feel. i don't know what i'd do without her.

my heart goes out to all of you who's parents don't support them or believe that they suffer from it...

Boundless

Chilling__Echo said:
my dad doesn't know jsut because he wouldn't understand. my mom knows and even agreed before i went to the doc that i might have it. she feels she might have suffered from it if not just severe shyness too so she knows how i feel. i don't know what i'd do without her.

my heart goes out to all of you who's parents don't support them or believe that they suffer from it...
Yea that must be so bad,i cant imagine where i would be without thw support of my mum(occasionaly my dad also) prob wouldnt be here talking to you guys :)