Dont know what to do!!

Egmanns

Hi all, I used to have social anxiety but after years of CBT and facing my fears im over it, thank god!!! My problem now is scarier, i feel sick all the time, like nervous kinda sick. I think its cause i cant stop thinking about things, i analyse things way too much!!! Does anyone else get this??? its really scary. I dont know how to explain it but its like a tension i guess and i get mad at people really easy.

paul

As much as the thought of another anxiety disorder sounds like a bad joke - have you ever thought you might have GAD (generalized anxiety disorder)? GAD isn't a phobia because it isn't set off by anything - unlike social anxiety. A symptom of GAD also is irritability.

I could be completely off track here, though, so maybe you should wait for another opinion before making any conclusions...

redlady

I agree with my wise friend here - perhaps you should do a bit of research on it and see if what you find corresponds with what you are going through. Or even going back to your therapist and explaining what is going on. It definately sounds like you are still suffering from some form of anxiety though.

Egmanns

Thanks guys i thin you may be right! its a really scary feeling. Always stressing, maybe meditation will help. Does anyone know the connection between marijuana and anti depressansts? The other thing i was thinking is i occasionaly have a smoke and i think for the next few days i feel depressed and anxous but i dont know if its related to the marijuana. I just feel like its more of a physical symptom rather than a mental one like GAD.

paul

I really don't know much but marijuana and antidepressants definitely do not mix -- some of the side affects might not be just the marijuana or just the antidepressants, it could be a mix of both. As hard as it is you should try to stop the marijuana -- and see how you're feeling. Good luck Egmanns.

Angie_05

I have the exact problems you do with the worrying and getting mad. I came across GAD info. and feel that I have it. Sometimes I feel like a zombie when I have the bad worrying episodes. It's like I can't appreciate anything around me, I am just thinking "what if?" all the time.

I also analyze things to the point I am afraid of not having anything to do but think. I am always trying to occupy my mind so I won't think so much.

I would suggest that you not smoke marijuana or use any substances unless prescribed by your doctor for your specific problems. Our brains do not fully recover after using substances and will cause us to feel worse after being high. Easier said than done, I know. A lot of people with anxiety find themselves using substances to gain quick control over their thinking. This does more harm in the long run as our brain gets used to the drugs and can no longer function normally sober.

If you do a Google search on Generalized anxiety disorder you should find some helpful information.