don't you feel

Soulspectre

Don't you feel like sometimes that if you could overcome SA you could overcome anything else life throws you're way. I'm constantly thinking about it, I always feel that if I have the muster to get over this Anxiety what else could stand in my way? I mean really? Through all of the personal pain and agony we suffer through with this phobia what the hell else could stop us from living our dreams. I think that we could use all of the techniques and things we learn while going through this and apply it to life in general. Social anxiety is a burden no doubt, but in a way you might also be able to see it as a blessing. I know it's a stretch to call it a blessing, but if you see my logic I don't think it's so far out there. Really what have we learned about ourselves while going through this? I'm sure all of us sufferers have a lot to be thankful for, while it may not seem like it. I'm sure most of us are really open-minded and intellectual, and we see the world in a different way than others do. You just have to look inside and see what beautiful people each and everyone of us are. We just need to learn to love and accept ourselves. :wink:

Lexmark

Yeah i agree but i dunno coz i still suffer
Its made me so full of apathy though we could go into another world war or be takin over by zombies and i wouldnt care

NewPoster111

Soulspectre said:
Don't you feel like sometimes that if you could overcome SA you could overcome anything else life throws you're way. I'm constantly thinking about it, I always feel that if I have the muster to get over this Anxiety what else could stand in my way? I mean really? Through all of the personal pain and agony we suffer through with this phobia what the hell else could stop us from living our dreams. I think that we could use all of the techniques and things we learn while going through this and apply it to life in general. Social anxiety is a burden no doubt, but in a way you might also be able to see it as a blessing. I know it's a stretch to call it a blessing, but if you see my logic I don't think it's so far out there. Really what have we learned about ourselves while going through this? I'm sure all of us sufferers have a lot to be thankful for, while it may not seem like it. I'm sure most of us are really open-minded and intellectual, and we see the world in a different way than others do. You just have to look inside and see what beautiful people each and everyone of us are. We just need to learn to love and accept ourselves. :wink:

Be careful. Be very careful. I cured myself. You can see my post on how I did it, but let me say that you putting this disorder on a pedistal will not help at all. The cure is to be yourself and be content in that. The cure is to exist without anxiety, without living in that 3rd person perspective of life. I'm not gonna preach like a self-help book with no way to get cured unless you just accept yourself. I actually figured out how to do it. check out my post and give it a try.

MotherWolff

Banned
I agree with Soulspectre here. I believe that if we cured our SAD we could accomplish our goals and conquer anything that life throws at us. I'm not too sure if there's anything about SAD I can be proud of. Except that it has kept me out of serious trouble from the world. I close myself in so much(yeah I'm agoraphobic) that the negative outside influences hasn't reached me. That's all I can really think of. I can't see how many of us could ever observe SAD in the perspective of it being a blessing. :?