Dont you get this Remark??

Kalima

Crimefish said:
When people ask me why I'm shy (which they usually don't, they usually think I'm confident but too good to talk to them) I usually can think of something witty and/or sarcastic to say:
"Why are you so loud?"
"I'm not shy... I'm studying my prey."

HaHa. Tell them off. The last we all need are ignorant folks picking at people. But telling someone off in a classy way is even better. On the mark Crimefish.

Kalima

xXheartlessarchangelXx said:
i dont get offended by those statements, im being offended by myself for i cannot speak. i heard someone talking about me being a "social disgrace" which is true most of the time :cry: plus i suffer from major depression... in total im already dead.

don't put yourself down like that. We all just have to put things in perspective. I don't know you and have no idea what you've been thru in your life but TAKE HEART. our thoughts come from our moods. in other words, if you're feeling blue, your thoughts will be "crappy" as well. so just try to keep that in mind okay. and besides it doesn't matter how bad we think things r 4 us, there will always be someone in a worse situation. it's tough, life's tough but there's a force out here stronger than the opinion of any human being and it doesn't really matter who they are. I only have to answer to ONE being and He's omnipotent.

raptorl44l

I get that a lot from parents. Stuff like "Why are you so shy?" and my dad likes to say "You can't get through life without meeting people." That's...really annoying. Sometimes if they get mad at me for not doing something because I'm shy they'll (My Dad) will ask "Why didn't you do it, and don't give me any lame ass excuses about not wanting to be around people." Not that they're mean parents, I can slightly grasp their frusturation, they're for the most part pretty nice. My mom trys to talk to me about my shyness sometimes, except it's pretty uncomfortable, being a teenager I don't piticularly want to talk to them. Of course, the problem comes when I don't have anyone to talk to (about such personal matters as this), I have friends, but none that close enough for my to want to talk to them about this. That leaves me with...myself, and you guys, and sometimes my grandma,...who just left for California for two weeks....

I'm usually not offended or anything if other people ask me about my shyness. I figure it's just their own curiosity, although it does seem like it annoys them when they ask, I doubt it, they ask in such a nice sounding way, however I'm usually too shy to say anything besides "I don't know," and that always sounds so dumb when I say it. It doesn't help that it's always girls that ask that, people I've never even seen, or noticed, just out of the blue. It's kind of werid.

Anyway, I seriously don't think any comments like that are meant to be hurtful or mean spirted. I usually remember that and they don't really bother me because of that. If anything those people would try to help you since they asked that.

redlady

taws wrote:

yea teachers used to always single me out for being so quiet and telling my parents that i never talk during parent teacher onferences and thought shit was wrong with me, well, they were right but still! waht the fuck fucking teachers screw you up worse than anything, the whole school experience screws people up. that shit doesnt go away just because you get older, children are so impressionable at a young age and they hire these shitty teachers that dont know shit about psychology.

I got that as well - the fact that i was so quite was always mentioned on my report cards - Frankly i feel they could have made more of a fuss about the fact that my grades were always better than the supposedly well adjusted types.
I've also thought that there needs to be more of a psychology element to the study of teaching - because as you said kids are so impressionable and they are put in the hands of these people on a near on daily basis who have no idea how to treat them. :?