Don't you hate

Krista

I don't think successful people get everything with ease (I know some people who are pursuing high-$$ careers and they constantly complain about lack of sleep and stress). But they do seem to have a higher tolerance for frustration. They can usually withstand huge setbacks and still be determined enough to pursue their goals. With us, the simplest setback just devastates us. I don't know if it's simply a psychological problem, or if it has biological roots, but it's very discouraging.

Oh of course not, I'm not saying successful people are handed everything. A lot of hardworking people deserve everything they've earned. I'm talking about the people you know who get everything they want based upon looks or their parents, money, etc. It's ridiculous at times. Those people are who make it intolerable at times. I do agree with you though in your above post.

I understand what your saying, but I also agree with NothingElseMatters..but! There are a lot of people who don't have social phobia but they have other problems in their life...like if we didnt have S.P. it would probably be something else we would have to overcome. Life is complex and messy. One thing after another. There's not too many people that are happy even most of the time, or confident most of the time..there are so very few that actually exsist.
But yes having S.P. sucks, what bugs me as that people who don't have it have a hard time even trying to understand what its like.

Silly op

I used to think like that...Like if I could just actually talk to people my life would be perfect! Well after three years of trying hard to get over SA I've really come far and my friends actually seem to like me more :D I even have a date tonight! And I'm barely nervous, more excited!!

BUT I still have tons of even worse problems. I'm taking biology 30 so I can apply for college next year and start a career, but I'm failing miserably and it's causing a lot of stress :( I also am unemployed in the worst season for job searching!!

So everybody has their own problems. Hapiness is based on NOTHING but your outlook. Be happy with what you have or you'll NEVER be happy!!

Lorraine Manca

its only rational to be angry about having a disorder that makes mundane stuff a living hell. thats not normal. its 100% true alot of people out there have it easier than you people on this site. its only healthy to be angry about that. nobody deserves this.

i dont care what anyone says about "normal people have problems too" yeah they do but thats not the point

yeah i see my sister go through her life with no fear whatsoever, I think why did all the confidence genes go into her and none into me!?!:(

Mokkat

I hate being a guy with all the potential in the world, and having people telling me this, but "wasting it"

I studied to be an engineer, but dropped out cause of partly having chosen the wrong type of engineer (designer/leader) and rising paranoia.
Im pretty good at music, it comes very naturally to me, but except playing in two bands, Im anxious to make my own stuff or getting into an education.
People cant understand than I dont have a girlfriend, and I never tell anyone that I never actually experienced having one. Im average looking, and I do talk to people (at parties with my friends n strangers for instance), but usually that means I come off as shallow on the outside, and stir up my paranoia on the inside.

Silvox Black

It is the cruel reality. It is the damned lie of life and the paradox of existence we dwell in. We would like to think that there is some sort of morality, some sense of fairness to it all. Yet I doubt it. It is unfair. It is damnably harsh. We all bear the burden of having to trudge through it.

PrettyBoy

The bad thing is, the extatically happy people who can't stop smiling don't actually give a **** about us (the suffering). You see those african kids on tv well they're worse off than us that's obvious and of course we care but we wouldn't lose sleep over it. Everyone is out for themselves i suppose its just the way the world is. It makes me want to ruin things for the happy people seing as they don't give a **** about me It makes me want to bring them down a notch but they are my own issues. I don't do this but its how i feel i believe the best thing to do is to focus on your self **** everyone elses life focus on your own and your own happyness. It may well be for some that the only way out of this misery is to be six foot under but i refuse to go down without a fight.

paydo

well yea i envy everybody who can do what they want socially,but i think that when we beat this thing we will be stronger then ever and we will appreciate life more

Silvox Black

well yea i envy everybody who can do what they want socially,but i think that when we beat this thing we will be stronger then ever and we will appreciate life more

That would be what we would like to think. However I believe that in the back of our minds, or at least the minds of those who are still unsettled, we would feel that we missed out on a valuable experience all the normal people could have..