Driclor usage! Advice required

aussiesweater

Hey guys, I sweat excessively from the palms, feet + underarms 90% of the day. Unless i'm alone in my room (or surprisingly ALONE with a girl - if we're in public i sweat like hell) and it's a cold night, i'll be sweating. I bought driclor a while ago but when first using it, I developed a mild rash on my palms so stopped after one application and not really noticing any results. I never used it on my underarms because they weren't really a problem last year, however they have gotten ridiculous since then.

So i went through the medicine cabinet and thought i'd give it another shot. After 2 successive nights of applying it to my underarms it seems to be working. I haven't been "out" with friends yet, which is when my underarms are most sweaty, so I will have to wait until tonight to judge if it is effective or not, however I am feeling a lot more comfortable about my underarms since applying.

Now onto my palms, which is where I tried it initially (over 2 years ago). I applied it just to my right hand yesterday and dried it using a cold hairdryer. It felt fine before I went to sleep and I passed out within 10-15 minutes, not noticing any real discomfort. However, when I awoke today (6 hours later), my hands were red. Not bright red and uncontrollably irritated, but just a little red, and they felt kinda weird. Still sweaty, however it felt like a bit of the sweat was being held back...but I really couldn't tell at this point. Anyway, my hands are a little irritated becase I do have somewhat sensitive skin...but it is very very important for me to get on top of this problem as it has been very socially damaging for me lately.

My question to you is, should I take a 1-2 day break and re-apply, and continue this trend until my hands are no longer hurting, or should I just apply it again tonight and fight thru the redness/soreness? I'm confident I can apply to my underarms tonight for the 3rd night in a row as after the first 2 initial applications there is no discomfort or itchynss whatsoever

All advice is welcomed, and any apply is appreciated,

Thanks guys

xo

aussiesweater

A week and a half later, and I've been using driclor on my underarms most days, but havent used it for the last 2, and on my right hand only (as a test) for the past week everyday.

My underarms rarely sweat anymore during normal activities but still do when I am out a little, but not enough to cause sweat patches under my arms..so thankyou to whoever invented driclor, haha. After about a week they got very itchy one night and I scratched so bad that a rash developed the next day, but since then I have not re applied and wont til the rash is 100% cured, which it almost is.

Re: My hands. Not perfect results, however the sweat levels on my right hand are significantly lower than my left. I'm talking at least 60-70% less sweat. And i'd say that seeing as my case of hyperhidrosis is not as severe as others (my hands sweat A LOT and ALWAYS however they don't drip sweat off the surface like some people have described..they're usually just very very moist and clammy.

No rash evident on my hands, got itchy and dry after a few days but that cleared up pretty fast.

So I'd definitely reccomend driclor. The side effects for me were a little setback but once you learn to manage application of the product, it is definitely worth it (if your skin doesn't react too badly to the active ingredients, that is)

NB. I dried my hands/underarms with a hairdryer, applied the driclor, and then dried them (mostly) again, still leaving a layer of "wet" driclor..not drying them entirely

Thanks

AussieSweater!

woofytalk

That's great. It's always nice to hear when one of the more convenient hyperhidrosis solutions works for someone. Don't apply Driclor if you currently have a rash. Chances are, if the skin is reacting badly, then the reminants of the Aluminum Chloride are still taking affect (in other words, you should stay dry)

fatbeer

The side effects for me were a 'pins and needles' sensation when first applied. Then following the days after it started to take effect my hand had a lot of peeling skin, which has subsequtently subsided but has defenitely not gone away (about a month or more now). There was a bit of itching going on as well, which has also subsided. This is worst when the chemical starts to take effect and your sweat glands become blocked and swell (almost rash like to feel but this goes away).

The main side effect however is seconary sweating, which Im not too sure is happening, eg. its not that bad and am I just noticing it now because my hands and feet have stopped??? :confused:

It has definately dried my hands though. They still sweat but only a little and only in extreme circumstances when they really should need to.

Last edited:

woofytalk

The side effects for me were a 'pins and needles' sensation when first applied. Then following the days after it started to take effect my hand had a lot of peeling skin, which has subsequtently subsided but has defenitely not gone away (about a month or more now). There was a bit of itching going on as well, which has also subsided.

Hey fatbeer, I'm totally with you on that description. I suffered the exact same symptoms when I added Drysol to my regimen. Fortunately though, I did not experience the compensatory sweating you mentioned.

Deodorants work for a LOT fo HH sufferers. The hard part is getting past that breaking point period where the initial reaction is kinda' painful.