Drinkin and social anxiety

Badbuz

Hey guys i find when i drink instead of losin my inhibitions my sa gets worse in the sense i cnt control it at all and get super super freaked out round people.does this happen every1 with sa or do yee relax after drink.

Danfalc

Banned
i think it depends on the company,and how your feeling,I can drink and its like the real me comes out?

Other times I just get more depressed.

B

Bar-AKA-Redzer

nah man its the other way around with me, mr social i am hahaha

FOR REAL

Banned
haha I might take you up on that,thought i dont want to loose face in case you drink me under the table :D I've heard about you blood highlanders lmao

highlanders is it! away! they are called "choochters" and ive not got a table! i fell through it about 6 months ago :D

DillJenkins

Drinking used to help my anxiety a lot because I would get totally trashed. It was alright when I was younger because that type of stuff is more acceptable at that age.

Now I just have a few beers when I drink and it helps the anxiety some but it doesnt work like it used to cause my brain is so used to alcohol. When I first started drinking 2 beers would evaporate ALL my social anxiety. Now it just makes me a bit more relaxed.

MothMan

Like everyone, it depends on the event and crowd. At a small gathering I can enjoy myself on a few drinks and be myself to an extent. At large gatherings I tend to go overboard. I have a few drinks to help me with stage fright. I still find myself ruminating over everything that could/is going wrong but it is easier for me to dismiss them. Though, once the buzz has left every nagging thought comes back and I keep going through reruns of everything that happened.

i get relaxed and i start talking to people that i'd never talk to if i weren't a little buzzed. I just loved that feeling i had it was like an I don't care attitude. Which i why i'm trying to stay away from it, because i feel a potential addiction comming on.

sorrow1

yep sometimes I feel myself and can open up in front of people I know well and can be funny and talkative. other times I get more annoyed by people and shut down but I dont care that Ive shut down because im drunk. Then I worry about it the next morning and I feel the alcohol has made things worse. I think ive been better off with out it recently.

fife_girl

9 times outta 10 im alot more relaxed when im drinking its the next day (with or without a hangover) im alot worse but i have bad days anyway so i don't care too much.

Badbuz

After readin al ur comments iv come to the conclusion that its just me that gets worse after drinkin round people,that sucks ha ha cud be worse.

Danfalc

Banned
After readin al ur comments iv come to the conclusion that its just me that gets worse after drinkin round people,that sucks ha ha cud be worse.

It might just be the company you drink with,or the pressure you put yourself under when you are in their company :)

Maybe try drinking a bit less?Just get tipsy and see how that goes.

Remus

Staff member
yeah, no reason to get completely wankered, just a few beers to take the edge off nerves works best :)