Ease the blushing in the class room - something I come acros

dave7352

This was something I found over at ESFE CHANNEL (another forum similar to this one) and I thought it was quite a good idea that may help people control there blushing in class easer and there for able to ask questions in class.

Hope you like it.

February 9, 2007
I don't feel embarrassed about anything at all
By: Kirsten

I think of myself as having more self confidence than the average person, but my face will literally turn PURPLE (well past the cute, blushing stage) in the most random social situations... talking to a bank teller, talking to a co-worker, running into a friend at the grocery store.... ! It's strange-- I don't feel embarrassed about anything at all, but my face will turn red. Then I'll get embarrased about that and it will go purple! The other weird thing about it is that whenever I'm cold (ie can't feel myself blush) or it's dark (others wouldn't be able to see me blush), I never get the red-faced problem. I'm sure that it's some sort of biofeedback. I wish someone would invent an invisible cold pack for my face! One piece of advice for other chronic blushers--- I learned that, in college, if I sat in the very front row, I could ask questions and participate in discussions because the other students couldn't see me. I found that if I sat anywhere but the front row, I couldn't speak out because the other students would turn and look at me, and then it started the whole process. I still use this front-row, closest seat strategy in meetings and conferences.

The link: http://www.esfbchannel.com/testimonials/2007-02-09_kirsten.php

MelissaQu

I agree with sitting in the front of the classroom. The problem was that I could never bring myself to sit in the front, I hated being looked at from the back too lol But it is better to be in the front if you're a blusher since no one can turn around to see you. I sometimes do that with meetings at work now just in case I'm called on.

I know what you mean by cold air and darkness. I can totally be myself when I'm outside on a cold night with people I don't know, which leads me to the conclusion that if it weren't for blushing I wouldn't even have social phobia in the first place. There is nothing worse than a brightly lit, over heated classroom.. :oops:

MelissaQu

I agree with everything you said, completely.

Why can't we blush when it's pitch black yet in broad daylight this crap has to happen! The fear of blushing, it has a name: Erythrophobia. I've got it, I'm sure some of you have it. There's a way around it, it's forcing ourselves to blush, then we realize we can't force ourselves to blush, so therefore it'll happen less. It does work, but not for me in extreme cases. Gosh sometimes I'd rather get stabbed!

fizzie

It's so annoying blushing because if someone talks to you, and your start blushing they think you fancy them, even if you don't! Then everyone starts laughing! It's just when people feel uncomfortable in a situation like you all said 'if a bright classroom full of people' and it makes everything worse because I feel insecure and uncomfortable and this gets shown by me acting really shy/blushing. It happens to be in most unusual places as well not just at college, and I don't know why I think it's the lack of confidence then you keep thinking you are turning reder and reder then people begin to stare and think "oh what's wrong with her" and I get a red rash on my neck : :oops: :(

oszapo

fizzie said:
It's so annoying blushing because if someone talks to you, and your start blushing they think you fancy them, even if you don't! Then everyone starts laughing! It's just when people feel uncomfortable in a situation like you all said 'if a bright classroom full of people' and it makes everything worse because I feel insecure and uncomfortable and this gets shown by me acting really shy/blushing. It happens to be in most unusual places as well not just at college, and I don't know why I think it's the lack of confidence then you keep thinking you are turning reder and reder then people begin to stare and think "oh what's wrong with her" and I get a red rash on my neck : :oops: :(

Yes its horrible but the worst thing for me is when everyone around keeps lookin at me why i gone red and after start talkin and laughin at me.
Its hard to feel like a normal human after i feel like a person with a serious disorder and thats wqhat others think too.
I mean what else if they see you goin red because someone walked past or asked how my weekend was????

Lissa1990

Wow :D my councillor just laughed at me when I said that I didnt blush outside because the air is cooler. But u guys feel the same.
In class I dont say a word, and when Im picked on I turn bright red immediately. But when the lights are turned off, for example if were watching a video, Im so confident.
I just wish evryone wore paper bags over their heads, then wed all be able to be as confident as we liked!