(embarassing) frequent urge to urinate anxiety

Anonymous

I had a panic attack at school, because I felt like I was going to wet myself in front of everyone. I went to the doctor, it was a UTI, and I took medication and got over it. Now, whenever I got anywhere where there are other people around I feel like I am going to wet myself. Sometimes even when I'm with people in my own house. The movies is really scary, I always have to get up half way through, even if I only barely have to go. I'm scared to drink liquids, because I'm scared I will wet myself. I'm on Christmas break right now, but I'm scared to go back to school.

I don't know what to do. Please help me.

countrybumpkin

Sometimes when I'm in a situation I don't think I will be able to handle I'll feel like I'm going to puke or have to go to the bathroom really badly , just hold on and try to relax and usually it passes . Find something you can do to help you relax . I always have a pack of gum with me , I find chewing gum helps , I don't know why but it does. That's the only advice I can give Blueskies.

Anonymous

That sounds good, I'll try gum. I just get so scared, and it's so hard because no one that I know understands the constant fear. And I can't talk to anyone about it, because it's just, embarassing.

JWH

Yeah... I have a fear of needing to shit in public. The silly thing is that the anxiety of it all will actually make me need to sometimes.

Gum is good... but you know the laxative warning... :)

cody2468

I know this may embarrass you but have you spoken to your Dr about this. You may have a bladder infection or weak muscles which you can strengthen with exercises.

My cousin used to always wet herself everytime she laughed etc and ended up going to the Dr. Apparently there was something wrong with a valve or something which released urine when it wasnt meant to. He helped her to overcome this so it may be caused by anxiety or it could be a medical condition.

Anonymous

I wish I had such an anxiety.

It's OK to pee in your pants in public -- everybody does it! You wouldn't be a human if you didn't wet your pants now and then.

Fredscars

yea..but you dont really want it do you?
its just embaressing..so i really feel for you.
as cody said, try and se your doctor. your causing yourself more anxiety then necessary if you dont
good luck
xxxxx
you might have somehting you can change such rather than swaeting etc.lol
also try sitting down when your in public, cross your legs and people wont notice. then try to calm down

Anonymous

Have you ever actually done this? If not, you are fearing something that has never actually happened to you. This is common. Most people fear things that have never happened and will never happen. You cannot appreciate the magnitude of the negative consequences or your personal ability to deal with such consequences unless it happens to you.

If I were you, this would be my program of recovery: get a commute so that you can use public transportation and, every time you ride the bus, intentionally piss in your pants. Every time you go to church, piss. Sporting event, piss, etc. You would swiftly recover. What is the worst that could happen? Find out exactly what is the worst that could happen -- by doing it. So what if they put you in the public-pisser's prison? Serve your time and then be done with it.

Question: Do you want to feel this way for the rest of your life?

Happy pissing.