End Of The World ? Anyone . . . .

diesel

just curious to see if anyone else thinks something is going to happen ? not talking specifically ' 2012 ' but anything really . since i was small ive had this strange feeling that nothing is going to last and something will happen . now no-one knoes i think this way but then again i think im the only person with this idea . i even look up at the stars at night and just admire them as if i wont see them again . the feeling i have is certainty that something will happen in my lifetime that will change everything forever . maybe its just depressin or maybe its just wanting something special . anyone else think anything gonna happen ?

worrywort

oh yea, definitely!!! Maybe not the absolute "end of the world", but I definitely believe something HUGE is gonna happen in our lifetimes. It's the graphs that get me!!! The rate of growth in so many area's of our civilisation is just growing so fast it's scary! Exponentially in many cases;

thumb_ExponentialGrowthofComputing.jpg

WorldPopulationGraph.jpg

co2650k.gif

and the famous "hockey stick" graph of global temperatures;
hockey-stick-graph.gif

It's mental!!....and I've got a feeling I've missed out loads of other fields where advancements have been increasing at incredible rates [nanotechnology?]. Something big is definitely gonna happen, and infact I think you could say it's happening right now, all around us!!! Somebody from the middle ages would be amazed at the way we live today! It's scary and exciting times! I'm glad I'm alive to witness it! =)

arsenalwa

I totally believe something huge will happen in 2012. And in many ways, I'm looking forward to it. I mean.. it's a change, right?!

Aussie_Lad

I've been following the 2012 thing for a couple of years now. When I first heard about it, I wasn't sure what to believe, but was prepared for the possibility that something was going to happen. As we are getting closer, I am less believing that anything is going to happen. However if something does, then that is okay because it will either mean that there are some big changes to my life or I will no longer have a physical body.

diesel

honestly , i hope something happens . if you look at it in a religious way - mankind is getting worse by the day and "sin is the new in" if you get me . i think , personally i beleive in god , that if there is a god then something would have to be done to put an end to our disgraceful and dishonourable ways . all i can say is when the day comes i will be smiling because i think there is no hope for us to change now and we kinda ruined our own planet too like .

coyote

In the mid 1980's, during the height of the Cold War, I was convinced that the world was going to end in a fiery nuclear holocaust. I really thought I'd never live to see the year 2010.

And then there was Glastnost.

You just never know.

I still don't know what to do with the 85 cases of canned tuna i have stored in my bunker in Montana.

Mr.Moon

First le me say... 2012 is a load of bs.. The maian calendar was just that.. a calendar, like how we have 12 months in a calendar. I can't count how many times humanity thought the world would end and nothing ever happened.
YouTube - The true about December 2012 : The world will NOT end!
If the world ever ends it'll be human fault I bet.. not a silly calendar. Sometimes I wish the world would end, but I don't like thinking how many innocent people would suffer for no reason.

Ignace

I think there will be something .. but def not 2012. But the world is overcrowded, Earth has trouble with our cars/factories,... If we don't end by that, then it will be a burning comet that hits us and kills 3 billion people. After that Earth stops spinning and we all fly to a wall to death.

WriterChick3

I don't really believe the world's gonna end is 2012. I do worry about it sometimes, but since I believe in God I remind myself if the world does come to an end God would protect the good/innocent people who haven't given themselves to evil.
Not to upset anyone, but the world would end by evil taking over and the devil coming to earth -- then God would save those who are innocent and mean no harm.

And also, God is the only one who knows when the world is gonna end; Nobody from the past or present knows. And personally, I kinda think if something DOES happen, it wouldn't be the end -- it could be a warning given by God. Not anything horrid, but something to make everyone think.

Aussie_Lad

Anyone here follow crop circles? There are quite a number appearing that seem to represent possible future planetary events. It is quite fascinating to see some of these circles, and many a quite complex designs, so wouldn't be easy to hoax without someone noticing. see The Crop Circle Connector

coyote

I thought I saw a crop circle once.

Imagine my embarrassment....

It turned out to be the Bear's logo in the middle of Soldier Field.

End of the world ? I've heard of this.

Thermonuclear war breaks out killing most people in most major cities, leaving scattered groups of people.

A large comet hits the Earth causing the sun to be blocked out and billions die from the blast.

A large asteriods land in one of the oceans and causes a massive tidal wave perhaps 1km high destroying most major cities around the world.

A super volcano goes off blocking out the sun for many months killing much of our plant and animals leading to mass starvation.

The Earth's crust shifts causing massive changes to the world map - and of course killing billions in the process.

The rapture takes place just before the outbreak of ww3, leading the wicked to die in world war 3.

Global warming causes ocean levels to rise 230 ft thanks to complete loss of ice, the oceans die due to oxygen depletion which in turn destroys the ozone layer thanks to hydrogen sulfide gas buildup.

A one world government is established and eveyone gets the mark of the beast on their hand otherwise they are killed. World war breaks out.

The world peaks in oil production and this causes economic growth to stagnate, then once the depletion sets in a massive breakdown in our society happens leading to mass starvation, millions of job losses, resource wars, fuel rationing, govenements control the oil. The roads eventually are emptied due to mass shortages of fuel. The knee-jerk reaction is a massive ramp up of synthetic fuel from coal and shale and extra heavy oil. The low energy return and heavy capital investment leads to a worsening of the crisis and leads to a deep depression due to lack of money for most non-essential things. Renewable energy is no longer viable since they all rely on oil in some way. Then natural gas peaks and delines leading to an even worse scenario thanks to the worlds increasing dependence on gas. Then coal peaks and you get the idea.

Important minerals and metals run out, top soil is lost, fish almost run out, the world runs out of arable land and this causes the poor to die out first.

A black hole comes near the Earth or the Sun and destroys either one.

Methane Clathates are released (2,000 billion tons at least) causing massive global temp rises of 10c and possible asphyxiation of those near large deposits.

Never ceases to amaze me. It's an interesting topic and has been around for centuries.

So far most people are betting there will be a contraction of human population before 2050 thanks to overshoot in the carrying capacity of the Earth. Fossil fuel depletion, fresh water depletion, rare metals depletion, phosphate rock depletion, fish depletion, arable land depletion, top soil depletion, co2 buildup, lack of investment capital (thanks to increased price of commodities due to scarcity).

Last edited: