ETS Surgery

spawn

okay i've been trying drysol for a month now and sometimes i forget to put it on. now summer is getting close and the sweating will make life hell. my HH is pretty bad and i cant afford the botox for hands or feet. ETS surgery seems to be of interest as its the only permenent solution. but im afraid cause all i have heard is that it will make you sweat in other places more or could have other side effects. i've read about it and it makes me nervous when i read negative comments. and i havent come across any positive comments from people who have gotten it dont. so is there any body who had it dont and doesnt regret it? that it actually worked for? and they would reccomend it.

spawn

by the way the only thing doctors say they all say the same thing, try topical treatment and if it doesnt work then get botox. and they say medicines have too many side effects and they dont prescribe them. what the hell, they can go to the moon,they can clone animals but no one can have a cure for this huh?

HH

pinker is right, definately give iontophoresis a try-get a decent machine like the idromed 4 GS, don't get the crappy fisher price looking drionic. I think many doctors don't know about iontophoresis that's why he didn't mention it. A combination of the iontop and tablets/topical should stop most of the sweating. Once you have ETS done there's no going back. You owe it to yourself to at least try different options before you even think about ETS.

spawn

cool im looking into tablets, i think someone made a post on the and you could buy them online with prescription also i'll keep applying drysol. im gonna have look into iso...poso what you call it ahhahahah thanks

wethandsandfeet

I am thinking of getting ETS myself. I am an engineer, but in the past HH was not such a big handicap, but a lot of the work was on the computer...but now I am transitioning to a job which will be more hands on & it is freaking me out. ETS may be the only way out.

Right now, I am getting by with using avert tabs. Dont like using oral medication, but there is nothing else which will give relief. (Still using Idromed 4PS hoping it will be effective again).

iDShaDoW

HH said:
pinker is right, definately give iontophoresis a try-get a decent machine like the idromed 4 GS, don't get the crappy fisher price looking drionic. I think many doctors don't know about iontophoresis that's why he didn't mention it. A combination of the iontop and tablets/topical should stop most of the sweating. Once you have ETS done there's no going back. You owe it to yourself to at least try different options before you even think about ETS.

Is the Fischer ionto machine comparable to the Idromed 4 GS?

I was gonna get the Fischer soon (about to get the prescrption from my podiatrist finally!). I think the Idromed 4 GS is only available to people in Europe or is there a way I can get my hands on one in the US? Thanks.

HH

Ooooppps, sorry I might have confused you there. The Fischer ionto machine is like the idromed so i've heard-its a good piece of kit. Although I've heard the trays are a bit shallow, but that's the only negative thing i've heard about it. Theres a company that's called fisher price and they make kids toys and the drionic machine to me looks like a kids toy, sorry if my earlier post got you worried.

iDShaDoW

Haha I see, yeah figured as much.

I know the Drionic is supposed to be bad and the Fischer is probably the best one we have access to here in the US.

Would be nice to know if there's a place I can get an Idromed from that would ship to the US? Although I hear it's a pain trying to get it through customs so that might not be possible at all.

Thanks if you know where I can look.

Alvinsduckie

compensatory sweat---u decide what u can bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTtSqtAwCEk

EDITED JUNE 16 2008

some fuckin' pedophile made a false copyright complaint against ALL of my vids...ETS and all.

I have counter-filed to youtube to reinstate my vids..will have to wait and see or talk to an attorney to get injunction or something (unless someone here knows an atty that can help me)

here is direct link to photobucket...

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/rcmoonpie/?action=view&current=FOX-ETSDec2007.flv

garza vid

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/rcmoonpie/?action=view&current=sympathectomynews-full.flv

hopefully my vids will be back soon.

Alvinsduckie

youtube issues

some fuckin' pedophile made a false copyright complaint against ALL of my vids...ETS and all.

I have counter-filed to youtube to reinstate my vids..will have to wait and see or talk to an attorney to get injunction or something (unless someone here knows an atty that can help me)

here is direct link to photobucket...

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/rcmoonpie/?action=view&current=FOX-ETSDec2007.flv

garza vid

http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b366/rcmoonpie/?action=view&current=sympathectomynews-full.flv

hopefully my vids will be back soon.