Ever felt fearless?

Anonymous

having SA or SP is tough and i know that. but has any one here ever felt like nothing can get in their way..( including SA/SP) to get what you really wanted... and u felt fearless at that moment?? :D

Anonymous

Yes... but the key word here is 'moment'.... and unfortunately, that's all the longer it's ever lasted. :(

Orlando

Ashlee and Guest,

Yes, I'm inconsistent though. I have really really good days where I feel invincible. I have really really bad days where I feel like the dirt underneath slime. I really like the days where I feel invincible (they are few) rather than when I feel like slime vomit (frequent). Although I would really like to have average days, where I'm not even thinking about or rating myself at all...when I'm not even aware (or just forget) that I have social phobia.....(They are extremely few)...but that's just me. :wink:

racheH

Hoping this works...
I used to feel great when I was imagining I was someone else, but I tell myself this; if I can be so friendly, witty and brave in my head, it's still me doing those things, and not the person I'm pretending to be, so I must have the ability to do it, just not the courage to show it. If that makes any sense at all.

lonelycody

I find that I am fearless when I am daydreaming. I see myself as not having any cares in the world and everything I do comes really easy. I guess thats how I wish it was in reality as sometimes I am so fed up with my life that I want to do anything to make the changes necessary, but deep down I think I am scared of change, what will it be like if I took more changes and larger steps to overcome this phobia. Will I get hurt again

Anonymous

Hey RacheH, I KNOW exactly what you are saying!! But it seems that even though I know I can be that other brave, outgoing person.... I still can't be that person as 'me' (who I truely am) because it will not work out, something WILL go wrong..... like I'm not allowed, or like LonelyCody says... I wil get hurt. :cry: Whew! (Twilight Zone Theme playing here...lol!) Now.... does this make any sense to you? :oops:

I can sort of sense/see why some people have or take on split personalities/identities thinking about all of this. I wonder sometimes what my personality/phobias would be like if I 'dressed the part' of a 'different me", hair color, colored contacts, make myself totally unrecognizableas who I REALLY AM.

I've even considered being able to be employed as a costumed character of some sort (Like at "Chuckie Cheese')... and I think I could pull that off without some or all of the SA/SP symptoms... but wearing a costume usually means it invloves children... and I can't take their noise and hyper activity so THAT wouldn't work either. :(

jenny

I know just how that feels. There are days when I can take on the world until I open my front door!

Anonymous

I know exactly how u feel jenny

at times i can just imagine myself being soo proud of who i am and how strong i feel about my daydream of change... but it's not exactly how i feel when in the actual situation where i'm supposed to make change... which would be the outside world (outside ur front door) and when i get back to my safe home i feel frustrated of why i can't do it that easily as i made it up in my mind. but the thing is that i believe that if u can imagine that it's also possible that u can do it... but it doesn't always work as fast as u'd expect it. and also dont forget that any little change or effort u put in a day does add up in time... it'll some day seem all worth it. :)