Ever tried to overcome?

Falling

i dont understand that much about anxiety... i only get anxious when its gonna happen an event in my life and im not prepeared for it. i dont know if that is anxiety.

and about converastions with someone, well it is very easy saying "go out and meet new people" but people never realise how hard it is most if you dont have any one to hang out with. the only thing i can say about it just try to know what your interest are for and join a class. yes it's easy to say it.. but i never made it cuz none of my friends have the same interest as mine, to join a class. but i think i have to make it soon when i'll be at the collage alone. it's ALL depends on you.

PhantomPod

Falling said:
PhantomPod said:
I got a book called "Painfully Shy" that's helped some, and also this site: http://www.angelfire.com/super2/overcomingshyness/index.html has helped A LOT.

who wrote that book and in which way helped you?
actually i'm gonna start collage in Fall too and i'm a bit afraid cuz by now i'm making friends through friends but in collage i wil be TOTTALY alone again. i'm getting lotz of anxious moments thinking about collage.

The book was written by Barbara and Gregory Markway. There's a whole chapter about acceptance, that really helped me. The idea that 'Acceptance doesn't equal approval' and 'Acceptance alleviates suffering.'

There's also a quote that I really liked:
"We want you to know, we think it's fine to be shy. There's definitely an important place in the world for quiet, sensitive, and reserved people. But no one should have to be painfully shy."

ColdFury

Falling said:
i dont understand that much about anxiety... i only get anxious when its gonna happen an event in my life and im not prepeared for it. i dont know if that is anxiety.

and about converastions with someone, well it is very easy saying "go out and meet new people" but people never realise how hard it is most if you dont have any one to hang out with. the only thing i can say about it just try to know what your interest are for and join a class. yes it's easy to say it.. but i never made it cuz none of my friends have the same interest as mine, to join a class. but i think i have to make it soon when i'll be at the collage alone. it's ALL depends on you.

I've been in plenty of classes. Hasn't helped a wit.