Everyone should try lifting weights

luiface

Lifting weights and watching what I eat so I can get stronger and bigger changed my life! I use to post depressing things on here now I rarely come here because I don't really need it anymore.

Learning proper form, eating the right foods, and lifting heavy weights all keep me from being depressed because it just doesn't give me TIME to be depressed. I add 5 lbs to each of lifts every time I do them and it feels amazing when I see I'm getting stronger.

Last week I started over because I figured my form was messed up and my diet had too much junk food, and now that I'm doing everything right I'm getting stronger FAST. Tomorrow I'm going to squat a new weight like always and I can't wait to see how it goes, I saw a video about improving my technique and I think its really going to help.

Last summer was TERRIBLE! I have a new hobby that affects my whole life. Everyone should at least give it a try, get a trial membership at your local gym and try it out.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Weightlifting is not for everyone, but any kind of exercise and healthy eating is very beneficial.

Shrimp

Lifting weights gives me a purpose to go out and get things done.
It sounds weird but the gym is my temple, I can stop overthinking and a.nalyzing everything for a few hours.
And I can finally get my bottled up anger off of my chest.

And the results on my body are amazing, I transformed myself from a chubby kid to a muscled man in one year time.
Well, as far as muscles grow in one year time.
I want to get much bigger, but to the outside world I'm already as big as can be.

I'm much more confident, I'm not afraid to take off my shirt either.
I walk upright instead of looking down, my agoraphobia is gone.

I recommend everyone to try it, but as MikeyC says it's not everyone's thing.

mikebird

Banned
It was so good for me in jail to release all my frustration and feel so good. Got on so well with the people there who gave me tips and really motivated √

Since doing this at my gym I feel like a ***** after jail. The motivation of grouping together and being told how to do it, and the competitive spirit... now the kit is different and I like it. I'm more prone to reaching a limit in a session and get on the treadmill. Punchbags would be good.

Very proud of myself. I stay away from chemicals and steriods and stay natural

As for looking down.. the people who stare at their phones...

I'm happy with myself.. at convenient times finishing gym in the best mood, heading across town on mountain bike, through traffic and people, I feel in control of everything. I stop cars and sauntering crowds when I put my brakes on. I never hit anyone. It's a big, overwhelming anti-SA feeling. People eye me up

Last edited:

Kat791

You're totally right! I love lifting weights, specially squatting! My body has changed completely.

jaim38

I also benefit a lot from lifting weights. I am also getting stronger. I recommend this for other girls and don't worry you won't bulk up easily unless you're one of those few women who develop muscles easily. Weight lifting has been proven to improve moods and posture. I used to run 3 times a week on the treadmill for 10 minutes each but my posture became worse and I developed back pain and shin splits. Plus running isn't very effective for weight loss either. I also started getting weaker from all that running.

After I read about strength training and HIIT, I decided to give them a try. Results have been good so far. Some trainers actually recommend this over running. Here is a good link:

Your Cardio Routine is Making You Fat | Yahoo! Health

mikebird

Banned
Nobody needs any help

none of you need help

Train yourself to be your own psychologist

Don't accept what you're told

Bennett21

It makes sense mate i didn't know that its like that.But i must say this isn't for everyone some people can do it not all.I accept this fact now completely.

Last edited:

luiface

guys I started at 120 pounds and I couldn't even squat 95 pounds, I'm 5'10 so you can imagine I was really small and I still am since I've only gained 10 pounds in the last 2 and a half months. I'll probably never be huge I will need to train for years just to be stronger than average and there will still be people stronger than be that are lifting weights for the first time. It's a long process of learning from your mistakes and experimenting, it's a different experience for everyone. Today I'm squatting 140 which is still really weak but at least I'm getting stronger.

I just started over again on stronglifts 5x5 after a few months in bed recovering from a concussion. Lifting gives me a purpose in life. I have my own homegym with all the equipment I would ever need. Would be nice to have an online training partner to keep motivation up!

"The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.

The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total *******. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black.

I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
– Henry Rollins.

Tuukka40

guys I started at 120 pounds and I couldn't even squat 95 pounds, I'm 5'10 so you can imagine I was really small and I still am since I've only gained 10 pounds in the last 2 and a half months. I'll probably never be huge I will need to train for years just to be stronger than average and there will still be people stronger than be that are lifting weights for the first time. It's a long process of learning from your mistakes and experimenting, it's a different experience for everyone. Today I'm squatting 140 which is still really weak but at least I'm getting stronger.

Do some research...

If you went to the gym say 5 times a week for an entire year. Did a productive and proven workout regimine. And you ate clean for the most part, took a protein shake, etc...you could gain 35-40 pounds of muscle easily. 160 pounds of pure muscle is very very strong, much stronger than average..

Ithior

I need to change my diet first, I've been going to the gym 2~3 times a week for two years and I only got like 3 kg (6 or 7 pounds). I usually have lunch an hour before going to the gym (I don't eat that much though, at least compared to most people). During my one hour workout I often feel like I'm running out of energy. I don't feel tired or that I'm lifting too much weight, I just feel like I need to stop and eat something.

JuiceB

I think its about time for me to start lifting weights again. My arms and legs are really lean but my belly is getting too big.