Exercise Log

KiaKaha

Banned
I have been concentrating on my shoulders and upper arms the last few weeks, thyre really coming out... I look like a bad ass.

dyingtolive

thanks :D yup I ran 19 miles and 19 back so a total of 38 miles today, i obviously didn't run the full 38 i walk half but i was constantly moving with 4 breaks

wow thats awesome. Do you run ultramarathons? or any plans???
i used to watch and read about dean karnazas, daniel goggins, and the guy without a shirt, and loved the ultramarathon docu's on youtube..

the longest i ever ran was 30km but i put my running career on hold.. but very inspiring run man!! i still dream of someday running

dyingtolive

I have been concentrating on my shoulders and upper arms the last few weeks, thyre really coming out... I look like a bad ass.

keep it up man! ive been getting back as well, so far about 9 workouts in from a long hiatus. some were split up into 2 30 min sessions due to still lack of stamina.

slowly but surely, and not as neurotic as i used to be on missing sessions / skipping days

sullyS25

Well, as of yesterday I decided to start the Insanity workout routine and it has certainly kicked my ass so far but it is all worth the feeling at the end of the workout. I started it 8 months ago before I moved to Spain and even brought it on an external hard drive out here but my fear of people kept me from doing it.

I live in an apartment building with wooden floors and had convinced myself it would be too loud and would piss off my neighbors. The funny thing is that I am usually at home when everyone else is at work, the workouts only last 45 minutes and there are plenty of other people in my same situation that do it without thinking twice.

Either way I decided I would do it no matter what as I just quit smoking almost two months ago and can't stop eating so some exercise was in order. I also bought a mat to pad the jumps a little bit and it seems to do the job well.....

I'm sore as hell but feel great!

Shenmue

It's been 18 days since I last worked out. I think I might have pulled a muscle or something. It's so annoying that it wont heal already. In a way exercising gives me a confidence boost. It's helped to increase my strength. I can eat pretty much what I want without putting on weight. But now I just feel like all that hard work is evaporating.

jonas89

I just bought these puppies yesterday, and man I feel sore from running in them.. my calf feels like it's ripping in half and my feet hurt also,, and the weirdest part is that my crotch hurts too o_O hahaha

FiveFingers-Speed-Men.jpg

dyingtolive

nice jonas, used to use them for running... :) took a couple of weeks til i got used to it.. and those 2 weeks were difficult

but enjoyed it very much after.. i grew to hate how they looked however. performance wise they are great

i developed stiffness in the middle of the under of my feet though that lasted for months.. dont know if frm the barefoot running.. but nothing serious. you may expect ur feet to go thru some adaptations that will last more than a couple of weeks. like in my case the stiffness took months to heal

Last edited:

jonas89

nice jonas, used to use them for running... :) took a couple of weeks til i got used to it.. and those 2 weeks were difficult

but enjoyed it very much after.. i grew to hate how they looked however. performance wise they are great

i developed stiffness in the middle of the under of my feet though that lasted for months.. dont know if frm the barefoot running.. but nothing serious. you may expect ur feet to go thru some adaptations that will last more than a couple of weeks. like in my case the stiffness took months to heal

thank you for your input,, I was told that too, I took it really easy yesterday so I wouldn't go to harsh on myself,
they really do draw attention for sure hahaha, but I wanted to try them from what I have been reading and what other ppl have said, so I figure out to give it a shot,, I really like wearing them and using them,, but I didn't know I would come so sore after first try hehe

Shenmue

It's been 18 days since I last worked out. I think I might have pulled a muscle or something. It's so annoying that it wont heal already. In a way exercising gives me a confidence boost. It's helped to increase my strength. I can eat pretty much what I want without putting on weight. But now I just feel like all that hard work is evaporating.

Damn it! Meh. It just wont heal properly. The good thing about this thread is I can now chart my rapid weight gain from this point. Because there is no way i'm giving up my haagen daz addiction.

replica

Alright officially entered my first marathon. It's on the 17th of June.
I was a bit behind your typical training program and had to go against the rules and increase my long runs by 20%. So far so good, longest run to date is 33 km (20.6 mi) :)

Ashiene

I used to run and do those basic exercises like jumping jacks, sit-ups, pull-ups, push-ups etc twice a week (mon and thurs) for 1 hour each time and then go swimming for 2 hours every weekend. I was fitter, healthier, muscled and even then I never got compliments, never got hit on, and had low confidence. Now my social anxiety is tenfold and I am the complete opposite of my past self in terms of physical capacity. I almost doubled my weight, and have no visible muscle anymore. I am weak, unhealthy and so very low self-esteem. I have absolutely no motivation to exercise anymore these days.

dyingtolive

my workouts have been consistent lately for the past week. atleast 30 mins -40 mins on the days that im tired. today im taking a rest day.

about 1 month into the start of my exercise.

i have some visible results but i still have a long way to go.
i have finished 1 pound of protein powder
my only issue is i dont have anywhere to attach my pull up bar so having trouble with that

i just work out at home

Valhalla

my workouts have been consistent lately for the past week. atleast 30 mins -40 mins on the days that im tired. today im taking a rest day.

about 1 month into the start of my exercise.

i have some visible results but i still have a long way to go.
i have finished 1 pound of protein powder
my only issue is i dont have anywhere to attach my pull up bar so having trouble with that

i just work out at home

You think 40 minutes or so is little? How long are you supposed to go on really? I think 1 hour and a few minutes usually does the trick. Maybe I'm doing it all wrong then?

I also only do my exercises at home.

dyingtolive

no 40 mins not really little... on my strong days i go about 1:10 - 1:30. longest would be 2 hours if i skip 2 days.

there have been times i only went about 15 mins to 20 mins before getting tired, and then had to resume the workout later that day.

but im doing mostly lifting so there is also rest between sets.. so 1 set of about 5 exercises is usually 15-20 mins. and then i squeeze in some cardio between sets in the first 30 minutes to warm me up

so the 30-40 mins is just about 2 sets, which is not at the strongest i could do.. so for me that would be a weak day since a strong day would be 4-5 sets

Shenmue

As i'm still unable to workout, due to a torn ligament, I think i'm gaining weight.
I haven't weighed myself lately, but my clothes are beginning to feel tighter. I suppose they could have shrunk in the wash. Although I do look a tad rounder in the mirror. Then again, the sun's rays could have distorted my reflection. However, i'm starting to get out of breath whenever I go for a walk. Although, hmm, umm, no i've got nothing. I'll start my diet tomorrow.