facial sweating, what cure have you found for yourself?

Romax

Yaz, I'll check with my insurance company. I thought they'd might consider it cosmetic and not cover it.

Romax

Hey Yaz, did you tell your insurance company it was for migranes or something other than sweating?

basaifi

hey guys

im totaly new here.. i have the same problem, hands sweating etc.. but i have started gym for past 2 months.. and i see a significant decrease in my palms sweating.. i would advice you guys.. instead of taking botox shots all the time, and using other medicinez.. work out more ;)

rustymama

acceptance of sweating

Interesting reads.

I've suffered with facial sweating since high school. It's about 20years later

and everyday is up and down. I just recently decided something has to be

done. It's reallly limits your own life experiences as well as loved ones

around you.

So far i've tried Paxil which was amazing but my doctor took me off it

suggesting it's not something he recommends for extended periods.

I recently have tried 5-HTP along with Hyperione (st.john's), valerian

extract, vitamin D 3000UI and Natrol Flax seed oil along with an excercise

routine & hypnotherapy. I'm not sure if it's working cause i still have

episodes which i can accept now..however it gets depressing when you

don't have anything for awhile and then Bam! out of nowhere back to

square one. It really is a debilitating disease which i hate.

I think i'll try those wipes you guys have mentioned.

margiehope

The Secure wipes can be a big help for facial (maybe other) sweating. Does anyone know if these are available anywhere besides pharmacy.ca ?

My bigger problem was scalp sweating, so I started taking Avert capsules (in the States it's Robinul). I think I've been taking them for two years--don't need them in cool weather (which where I live has extended through most of this summer!), but bless them if it's hot, humid or I'm very active. There is some dry mouth--sometimes--but to me it's a cheap price to pay.

When I read some of the posts here, I remember how awful HH was, for many years. Everyone has to find their own answer, but the Avert has totally changed my life.

rustymama

fixed

WOW!

This is unreal...just unreal i tell you.

I've taken 1mg Avert capsules...2 a day..for 3weeks now.

the first say 5days...i knew something was going on but not sure.

Since then...it has been a complete blessing.

My confidence has skyrocketed and work is going amazing as a result.

I'm able to do things i would avoid due to the sweating issue.

I hope others see these.

ps. I spoke to some people at the pharmacy. They are the only ones
who manufacture this drug. They have sole rights in Canada.

cheers!

SirDripsAlot

Fellow Scalp Hyperhisdrosis sufferer

I tend to suffer quite severe HH of the scalp and often for no reason. My doctor has given me some Robinul powder (although I had to wait for about a week for the prescription to be filled) and told me that he knew of no reason why it couldn't be used about the hair line.

I am keen to know anyone's ideas on a solution for HH of the scalp and elsewhere (I also sweat a lot from the torso).

Final question - are there any central sources of information on HH as a general topic. The information seems to be spread far and wide. Any pointers would be gratefully received.

...hopefully the blog address I set up to discuss excessive sweating issues is in the signature and I welcome all opinions so please tell me what you think...

shh

just a thought to everyone because I am so excited about how our son has found relief from excessive sweating.....almost by accident he discovered that he is suffering from social anxiety and that was causing much of the sweating issue...it is almost gone now......he was given medication which worked immediately and he is planning on also seeing a phychiatrist soon. I would suggest you may be suffering from anxiety and getting that under control will help the sweating....it seems almost too easy...but that was the case with him....and he really would sweat all the time....it really affected his life , especially through college...he is now 25