Falling for life wave after wave- a blog

Kiwong

A video from my favourite local nature place. The first bit is a scene from a landing platform across the creek. A goods train crosses the road bridge and then I filmed some of the plants I was trying to photograph. The sounds of many bush birds can be heard in the background.

And a couple of photos

Bacon and Egg

Satinwood

I'm glad I got out into the bush even for a little while. My thoughts were unusually settled. I guess it is because I am on holidays, and I haven't been thinking about work. I suspect my anxiety will return on Sunday, work is a fearful place for me.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

A video from my favourite local nature place. The first bit is a scene from a landing platform across the creek. A goods train crosses the road bridge and then I filmed some of the plants I was trying to photograph. The sounds of many bush birds can be heard in the background.

And a couple of photos

Bacon and Egg

Satinwood

I'm glad I got out into the bush even for a little while. My thoughts were unusually settled. I guess it is because I am on holidays, and I haven't been thinking about work. I suspect my anxiety will return on Sunday, work is a fearful place for me.

what an amazing place so full of life. So jealous!

Yes, cleaning lifts a weight from the mind. Glad you got some clarity of thinking out from cleaning your Kitchen, Joule. There is also a sense of achievement involved?

I had a professional cleaner do my kitchen, she spent 1 and a half days in my unit, couldn't have done it on my own. Me and sister worked hard for 4 days.

Oh yes definitely, it's like that feeling you get when Christmas day is over. phew. sheer relief it's done, sense of accomplishment for having survived it and you have some new things to look forward to. :giggle:

Kiwong

Oh yes definitely, it's like that feeling you get when Christmas day is over. phew. sheer relief it's done, sense of accomplishment for having survived it and you have some new things to look forward to. :giggle:

Yeah, Christmas day is a marathon sometimes!

I have an oven, microwave, and a toaster. I'm looking forward most to cooking healthy food.

Kiwong

A local waterfall.

This donkey orchid was a highlight of my day out.

And this plant wasn't far behind.

Last edited:

Kiwong

This photo was my first to crack a hundred likes on 500px.

Things have been hard for me since about March. Living in the town I do, was frightening, so insular and gold fish bowl like. At Easter I escaped to Sydney and I cried with relief to get into the departure lounge of the airport, and to know I would make it on a plane out of this horrible, intolerant, backward place I live in. Such crushing hostility everywhere I go.

Going into shopping centres has been a worsening nightmare, and I've almost stopped running, because I don't want to go out the door, in case I bump into some of the people it seems who have a problem with me. It's like running is a spectator sport and people in this town think I am fair game to have a crack at. Some of the stuff I hear said is hilarious, but more of it is immature, intolerant bullshit.

I really have to work on my breathing, going into shopping centres, and to keep to myself in shopping centres. Apparently people there have a problem with the way I "look", even though I can't see well beyond 10 feet. I've been in about 30 times over the last month or so, trying to regain confidence. I have done some on line shopping as well.

People continued to be the problem. I even spoken out about some of the things that have been said to me, like being called a head job, only to have more anger directed at me. I saw another psychologist, who basically didn't believe me when I said people react to my anxiety. My problem is the importance I place on what strangers think of me. And some of that over the years has been beyond unkind, and it takes a particularly thick skin to deal with.

A positive was meeting a therapist who hooked me up to biofeedback gear, and I could see how relaxed breathing could influence my heart rate and other physiological signs that affect my anxiety. This therapist is a runner too, and it turns out we went to same uni years ago and did the same course, although I don't remember him from then, he dropped out after the first year but we talked about some of the other students. He said he was inspired by running, which was good to hear. I enjoyed my conservations with him, much more than with the psychologist who just wanted to argue with me.

My photography has been the most positive thing going on in my life. My photography was showcased on another blog, and I got 479 likes, which felt really good. I can't communicate in person, but I can communicate with my photos, the joy I feel being out in nature.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Holy cow that is breathtaking! ...all of it. The flowers are exquisite.

Love your words, too. I reallly feel your pain.

Don't ever stop doing what you love because of how others have made you feel, then they have won. You're a winner not a loser. You are above them not below them.

Last edited:

Kiwong

We are winners aren't we Molly? We are survivors, we share similar battles, the hardest anyone can face, so yeah we win.

Kiwong

Boo Radley. One of my favourite all time movie characters.

Neighbors bring food with death and flowers with sickness and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a pair of good-luck pennies, and our lives. But neighbors give in return. We never put back into the tree what we took out of it: we had given him nothing, and it made me sad."

I think there is a lot of similarities between me and Boo. The fearful eyes, but the gentleness behind them. I wish people could see beyond my fear, to the person that lives behind it.

A constant fear of venturing out in the world and hearing the voices of anger and criticism. At my heart there is a lot of good in me, like there was in Boo, when he risked his life to save Gem and Scout.

I want to give to the world, to share some beauty.

I'd like to think there is so much good in me, I wish I was able to communicate that through my fear, through my difference. I help people, I am generous, I try to help those in pain, I act in good faith. I've done many good things, many inspiring things.

I am a human being, not a label, weird, strange, head job.

Today I accepted a label for myself, I am a photographer.

I've cracked a hundred like a few times on a Photography site. I've been out nearly every morning for the last few weeks. Sitting on a headland is my safe place, where I am at peace for a little while, lost in the natural world. I wish I could stay there forerver and not return to the human world I fear.

Last edited:

Kiwong

My time on headlands is my safe place, where I feel at peace for a while. I even forget all my worries sometimes. Then I must return to the human world I fear. It's as if the human world doesn't approve of me. And for well over a year now, I have been living from day to day in a fearful state, imagining there are those who I have angered or annoyed who are planning something that will bring even the things I enjoy crashing down around me. I have things to live for, and I am afraid these things will be jeopardised.

I don't hate this world, I don't hate this life, I don't want to die. I have things I love now and I don't want them taken away too.

The sunrises and sunsets have been wonderful this last week or so. I love going to bed early and looking out my window to see what the clouds might me doing. I often dream of clouds.

And then I wake up, get in the car and follow the clouds to the best of the light. I have really enjoyed these mornings.

Kiwong

Aint love the sweetest thing?

She opened up her heart to sing.

My best friend, the best thing to come out of the town I live in, she turns 10 next month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kotNxb2YApk

I have trouble sleeping at night
I have bad dreams
Like I am falling
I wake up scared
sometimes it takes me a while me a while to remember where I am

Last edited:
^awwww happy 10th birthday birdy, is she the same you posted in the voice thread a while back? :)

coincidentally I was just watching that shawshank yesterday :sad:

Kiwong

Yes Joule, that's the one and only Lenny. I always find that watching Shawshank lifts my spirits.

Kiwong

Some of you on SPW got to meet Lenny the Cockatiel my best mate. Maybe she touched you with her soul, like she did with me, and I loved her so, so much. Lenny died in surgery on Friday.

It was one of the worst weeks of my life to watch her get sick, then wait for her to survive the Xray, and then wait for news of surgery. Her heart gave way after 40 minutes of surgery. She had been ingesting fibres from my shoes, she'd chew absolutely anything, they were in the crop and stomach. She was a naughty bird at times.

The pain, grief, lack of sleep and guilt I have felt this week has been uminagineable. Losing my best friend is the worst thing I have ever experienced.

Some of you only heard her whistle, and watched her dismantle my keyboard. And maybe she touched your heart, like she captured my love?

So I thought I share this.

What I wrote on my blog:

Thank you my little friend, fly free now.

I let you down, I will miss you forever. I wish I’d taken better care of her, taken her to the vet more often. You deserved a better owner than me Lenny, I’m sorry mate.

The grief I am feeling is an acknowledgement of the love I had for my friend, and it hurts so bad, but I want to feel it, because I loved Lenny so, so much.

Right now the memories are everywhere I go, and they are hard, but I hope in time they will become special memories of a unique being, a huge personality, that will join that special place in my heart of all those I have loved and will never forget.

Dreams

As I was falling asleep last night, I saw Lenny walk along her perch towards me in her cage, and she looked at me with that look of unconditional love in her eyes. It was a comforting dream in the landslide of dreadful experiences and thoughts and I have had this week.

I went for a run this morning, as I left and closed the door, I looked towards Lenny’s cage, and said “See ya mate, won’t be long.”

And I walked down the hill to Pacific Vet Care where she was admitted on Tuesday, and I looked up at the perfect blue sky, and I opened my arms like wings and said. “Fly free little friend.”

It is times like these I wish there was a heaven, and one day if I am lucky Lenny will stop flying free for a moment, and come down and sit on my shoulder, or on my chest and look for a back of the head rub.

When I came back from my run, I opened the door, and said “Lenny, yay.” It was so hard to not hear her whistle for me

I miss my friend, I have lost the one thing I feared losing most in the world, my world is such an emptier place.

Lenny’s company softened the hard edges of the world for me.

So what have I done to remember my friend?

I opened her cage, opened my arms like wings and said fly free my friend.

I have sat on my couch, where she would land on my chest and imagined holding her close to my chest where she came for a head rub.

I created a memorial post for her on my blog, facebook and here on SPW. My cousins and niece left lovely comments.

I spoke to my sister who was helpful, having suffered similar losses of family pets. And she also met Lenny and everyone that met her loved her instantly.

I have kept some of her beautiful feathers.

She will be cremated, and her ashes will kept in an urn, with the inscription "Thank you my friend, Lenny, fly free now."

My neighbour has also been helpful.

The loss I feel is immense, I can't sleep, the memories are everywhere. My motivation to go on has been so greatly diminished, I have very little enthusiasm. But I am getting out there, I went for a run but I had no energy, I think I have lost weight. I see a doctor on Monday.

Last edited:

GraybeardGhost

I'm so sorry, Kiwong. I remember the videos you posted of Lenny. She was so beautiful. I wish I knew something to say that would ease your pain a little—I know what it's like to lose a beloved animal friend—but really only time can do that. Remember her and keep her in your heart, and trust that you gave her the best life and love she could possibly have had. Eventually the guilt will fade away, and your sorrow will become easier to bear. In the meantime, I wish you peace.

I am so very sorry to hear about Lenny :sad:

I am lucky that I got the chance to hear her happy chirping in the voice thread, her singing certainly made me smile and lifted my day a little. What a lovely little bird. I'm sure you will be missing her terribly.

I am very sorry kiwong