Family Support

Bexi

Does anyone feel like they have good support behind them, or do people just annoy the hell out of you?? WIth or without even trying? This can include family, friends etc anyone! Who annoys you most, and who helps you most? I don't know where I would be if it were not for internet support!

marki

Me too!

my familie thinks i'm weird, but that's my on fault for a part, i've never really told them about my anxiety and stuff.

i do have a very sweet friend, were i can always talk with.. and this forum also helps alot to me.

Invisible_Alien

I don't really have any family, so I have no family support. My "friends" (and I'm using the term loosely) annoy the hell out of me without even trying. My co-workers annoy me non-stop. I'm starting to think the whole world annoys me, lol. Don't get me wrong people don't annoy me all the time, just most of the time it seems.

Bexi

I get on with some family members, i don't have many friends, so my online ones are precious to me :)
I just joined a depression forum and I thought I was down until you read other peoples experiences, eg. a guy who had been beaten and raped, then treated like shit by the police :(
Theres always at least someone worse off than yourself I guess?

zoooo

My Dad's got similar problems, so he understands and helps me.
My mother can't relate to it I think, but she still supports me, and understands that I can't just pull myself together.
My brother's understanding, I mostly make jokes about it to him, that helps too. I don't mention it a lot tho.
My husband is amazingly supporting, patient, loving and understanding. He's helped me so much I can't belive it :)
With 1 or 2 exceptions my friends have no idea I've got any anxiety trouble at all. Rest of the family don't know anything either. Most of the time, as long as my husband's with me, I seem fine, so no need to tell them really.

For years and years I didn't tell anyone though. I had no idea what was wrong with me, and didn't dare mention it to anyone. Didn't think anyone'd ever want to go out with me, didn't have a lot of friends.. Not very good. It gradually changed though. Stopped being unpopular, got many good friends and so on. Hey I was even told I was "foxy". (Foxy is NOT what I see when I look in the mirror :p), and guys I didn't think I'd ever have a chance with thought I was "out of their league". Seems completely absurd!! I am a different person though, and I like myself much more now :)

Sorry about the memememe rambling.. My point is, things can change.. a lot.. although it seems impossible :)

toddd

my family is basically just a bunch of crazy people who live in the same house. im the only one in this place that isnt crazy..

Sue

living in my house is the best thing. my mom always knows whats wrong and when something is wrong with me and its easy to talk to her about it.
i have one close friend that always reminds me of the shit i went through and how well im doing. it helps me alot and i love her to peices.

if there is anyone in my life that upsets me or makes my anxiety go up i thow them out. i know that sounds harsh but im not taking the risk of going back to the way i was...not after all the pain.

Fighter86

I don't really get a lot of support. I guess my brother does support me a little, but the rest of my family don't really understand SA. I have only one friend who knows & she isn't suportive. Even before I discovered the problem I had was SA & told her 'bout it, She was already verbally abusive to me. She was & still is a mean person. So, I don't think she really counts as a friend anyway. So nope, I don't think I have any friends' support

aoao

my dad used to suffer from SA so he understands, but he still wants me to get a life and to kick me out of his house. it's hard. i hope he gives me enough time to save enough money to move far away from here... :( i don't get much support from anyone else. my brother would but he lives across the country.

4myself

I haven't told anyone about it so I don't get support, I nearly told a whole lot of people yesterday but I chickened out at the last minute, I dont really know how people will react.

blubs

hi Bexi
I've never discussed my problems with my family...only yesterday my dad embarrest me in front of a stranger (an old friend of his) by saying...'this is my other daughter, she thinks she's retired already, she never works' :oops:
I've never been close to any friends I've had.
The most support I've had has been from people I talk to online...and I really appreciate it :)