fasting anyone??

jojosparkles

hiya

In the time i have been depressed and on anti depressants i have put weight on. I am really bothered about my looks and when i feel fat i feel depressed. I am feeling much happier now but wat holds me back is my weight. im not huge or anythin but im not the size i was.

I have been thinking for a while about fasting to lose the weight i gained. probably just on water because i think i could not stomach veg juice and fruit juice is full of sugar. i have read alot about it and i know not to exert myself whilst doing it.

i was wondering if anyone else had ever tried a fast, either juice or water and their experiences

luv n sparkles joanna xxx

Aramoor

It doesnt sound like the healthiest way to lose wight :? That said when it come to diet an all that stuff I am no expert, mine is atrocious. I just think if you wanna loose some weight wouldnt it better todo it the normall way of just eating healthily and making sure you get some excersise?

redlady

Needless to say such a pursuit is dangerous - if that simple fact is not enough to sway you perhaps this is...when you starve your yourself your body acts to protect you by slowing down your metabolism - to conserve as much of the little energy that you allow it - so when you inevitably begin to eat again you will burn your kilojoules at a much slower rate and thus put back all the weight you have lost (and then some) in a short amount of time. When it comes to anything really the slow and sensible way is always the best. Like Aramoor said - eat healthy and exercise and you can't go wrong - it may take a little longer but the results will last.

Horatio

for what its worth, no diets have ever worked for me but the other week I got sick and couldnt eat anything for 5 days and I seemed to lose weight

dont think I would recommend that approach though