Favourite music artist?

shyandnumb

Incubus, coldplay, Bon Jovi, Montgomery Gentry, SHeDAISY, Allison Moorer, Melissa Etheridge, Sarah McLachen, Loretta Lynn, Jo Dee Messina, etc.

LA-girl

Right now my favourite singer is Emilie Simon, a french artist.
I don't know how to describe her music, alternative electronic maybe?

You can listen to some of her clips
here:

These are my favourite songs at the moment:

FROZEN WORLD
(Film-music from the original (not english) version of The March of the Penguins. All of the songs is from Emilie in the original btw.)
CLICK ON: FROZEN WORLD and then: "Listen to Emilie Simon - The Frozen World - Just..." ) This is the only way the link will work...

If that does not work, try this link:
http://www.themuso.co.za/?p=256

TO THE DANCERS IN THE RAIN
(Click title!)

0simon1.jpg

P.S- Has anyone else heard about her?

Quixote

Trip hoppy alternative electronic? That's my favourite! :)

Welcome back btw, haven't seen you in a while...

LA-girl

So the two of you are twins! I knew it! :p Nice hat btw, Quixote! :)

Thanks for the links cLavain! There was actually a lot of resemblance between Emilie's music and this Stina Nordenstam! Cool!

P.S -It's never too late to sign up for a french class you know! :wink: Vive la France!

Richey

radiohead, elvis costello, sigur ros, bjork, the stooges, boards of canada, manic street preachers, nirvana, beck.

KillerQueen

Ooooh... tricky... I'd have to say that Queen & Pink Floyd definitely rock my boat, but Jimi Hendrix, Nine Inch Nails, The Doors, The Cure, Muse, Placebo, The Who, King Crimson, Rush & many more are way up there, but I should probably shut up.

cLavain

Quixote said:

Thanks, your taste in music is obviously very sophisticated. Unless you meant it as a joke...I'm not entirely sure now that I think of it... :lol:

Btw, I can't believe we chose the same avatar independently! 8O

LA-girl said:
Thanks for the links cLavain! There was actually a lot of resemblance between Emilie's music and this Stina Nordenstam! Cool!
No problem. "This Is Stina Nordenstam" is her best album in my opinion, the others are a bit uneven. On the album she sings two duets with Brett Anderson from Suede too, which is another band I really like. Sorry, I could go on forever about music... :oops:

Quixote

cLavain said:
Quixote said:

Thanks, your taste in music is obviously very sophisticated. Unless you meant it as a joke...I'm not entirely sure now that I think of it... :lol:

No, I was DEADLY serious ;)

Btw, I can't believe we chose the same avatar independently! 8O

Well it wasn't a fully independent choice, let's say I took some inspiration from yours... but I'm back to my old one now as you see. I couldn't stand wearing that ridiculous hat any longer... :)

LA-girl

As I have previously been "complaining" a little how there seems to be few options in terms of christian music, I just had to post this little treasure I just stumbled upon in a music-shop here the other day. Maybe some of you have already heard about them, they're called:"Leeland" and musicwise could be put in the same category as Coldplay, Keane, Travis etc...

8306108122.jpg

Here is their homepage:
http://www.leelandonline.com/

I particularly fell in love with the song "Tears of the saints".
You can hear the whole song + a few others here:

http://www.myspace.com/leelandmusic

Tears of the saints (Youtube)

leeland_468banner3.gif

I listen mainly to metal: Lamb of God, Metallica, Hatebreed, SlipKnot, Soilwork, Killswitch Engage, Disturbed.

But, just edging out Metallica is The Offspring. Punk was my first love and they're the reason. I just love them.