Fear of Going Crazy and more

I FEEL LIKE IM HAVING A PROBLEM THAT NO ONE HAS SEEMED TO ADDRESS, SO IM WONDERING WHATS WRONG WITH ME OF COURSE. FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS NOW IM SCARED THAT IM GOING TO GO CRAZY, OR GET SCHIZOPHRENIA MORE SPECIFICALLY. I CONSTANTLY WORRY AND LOOK FOR THINGS THAT WOULD MAKE ME CRAZY. LIKE SOMETIMES I WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT REALLY OUT OF IT BUT MY MIND AND HEART IS RACING, THEN I TURN ON THE TV AND THE PEOPLE LOOK LIKE THEY ARE IN FAST FORWARD! IT SCARES ME AND I BEGIN TO THINK THAT IM HALLUCINATING OR SOMETHING. ALSO, I HAVE HAD THIS FEELING LATELY THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME, LIKE IM NOT EVER GOING TO BE NORMAL AGAIN AND THAT IM NOT MYSELF. I DONT FEEL LIKE IM IN MY "NORMAL" WORLD AND THAT IM LOSING CONTROL. I FEEL LIKE THIS FEELING IS SOMETHING THAT NO ONE HAS AND ITS ONLY ME BECAUSE IM LOSING IT. I JUST DONT FEEL "NORMAL" I GUESS. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE THIS? IVE HAD OCD SINCE I WAS 7 AND IM ALMOST 24. ALSO, I STARTED HAVING THIS FEAR OF GOING CRAZY EVER SINCE I STARTED WORKING AT A MENTAL HOSPITAL 6 MONTHS AGO. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP

Brittney

I have felt like that and at times worse than others, I’ts really important you remember you will have times of NOT feeling this way.
It sounds to me like anxiety. When my OCD is out of control I can feel like the world and everything in it is Surreal. Although I recognise say the walls in my house, I still feel like they aren’t’ completely right.
IM SCARED THAT IM GOING TO GO CRAZY, OR GET SCHIZOPHRENIA MORE SPECIFICALLY
Yep that is me as well. Your not alone, everything you have said is what I have lived.
Once I went to mental health they gave me a book to read
Living with IT and Fixing IT, I tell you it was such a relief I have to encourage you to get a hold of the book. If you cant afford it or cant track one PM me and I’ll send you mine.

This is one of the books, it will help you I’m sure it was a relief from me

http://www.booktopia.com.au/living-...guide-to-panic-attacks/prod9780207180408.html

I don't have OCD, just agoraphobia and panic and SA, but I have wasted days and days worrying about the exact same thing. I would sit in a panic, convinced I was about to 'snap' and go crazy. Also that I was getting schizophrenia, and I used to do the same thing with thinking I was hallucinating. I was completely terrified of hallucinating.

I'm not sure how to get over it, sorry I can't be of any help! :( For me it just goes in phases, I spend a few weeks worrying about it and then it doesn't bother me for a while.
It also helps knowing that these are completely normal feelings, that loads of people with anxiety have these thoughts and worries.. And also that they're completely unfounded. Having anxiety is in no way linked to 'going crazy' and getting schizophrenia. If someone WAS going crazy, they would NOT think 'I am going crazy'. They would have no idea! They would be convinced they were completely sane. So I take some comfort in worrying that I'm insane, it shows that I amn't! :roll:

madmike

I know EXACTLY what you mean, and remember the pain of going through it. You need to take control now! Pull yourself together. One thing that really helped me (although there was no one thing, it's been a combination of many, many things) was writing down things about myself (my likes, dislikes, qualities I like in people, things I dislike in people, my own qualities, my own flaws, and what i want from the future)

It's no easy things when you're feeling like that, but keep trying and eventually it will all click. Tell me if you want any more tips, I can tell you of many other things i do that help me.

All of you are so very helpful and I can not thank you enough. I am so thankful that there are others out there that think and FEEL like me. Life can just be so.....painful, especially with OCD. THANK YOU! God Bless.

All of you are so very helpful and I can not thank you enough. I am so thankful that there are others out there that think and FEEL like me. Life can just be so.....painful, especially with OCD. THANK YOU! God Bless.

pandamonium77

I am going through the exact same fear. I'm always so worried that when i fall asleep, ill wake up and be schizophrenic! I have to stay up past 3am to get to sleep because im so scared :[
Also these "surreal" feelings are probably depersonalization/derealization. I live with the disorder so thats how i feel everyday. Depersonalization/derealization occurs in the LOWEST types of anxiety, so its an extremely common symptom with anxiety.

Morgan01

I feel like this all the time I always look for possible hallucinations I could be having and such. especially schizophrenia. I think it's definitely the OCD.
doesn't working in the mental hospital trigger you a lot.

durda_dan

I think I've already gone ****in crazy....

strange ha ha, you seem like you know most about OCD on these forums, i think of you as an elder, or a mentor, you seem the strongest of us... we are crying struggling and having difficulty and your saying STFU Get ahold of yourself.
It's Kinda Empowering, But at the same time it makes me feel like Shit, How come others can make it look so easy (i know it's not) but i can't seem to do shit, i try and my OCD tries harder against me.

getbornagain

strange ha ha, you seem like you know most about OCD on these forums, i think of you as an elder, or a mentor, you seem the strongest of us... we are crying struggling and having difficulty and your saying STFU Get ahold of yourself.
It's Kinda Empowering, But at the same time it makes me feel like Shit, How come others can make it look so easy (i know it's not) but i can't seem to do shit, i try and my OCD tries harder against me.

There are good days and bad days. You will be able to tell when I'm having a bad day, I get very sarcastic and negative. I hope I don't bring anyone down with me when I'm having a bad day.

I may make it sound easy when I offer advice, but I have problems listening to my own advice. I'm in the same boat as you all. I hate this disorder. But we must keep fighting....