Fear of the Dark

lil_ladii85

For some reason i am terrified of being in the dark, the slightest noise hear i start freaking out. I actually have to sleep with a night light :oops: I cant go outside by myself in the dark either. This might sound crazy, but i always feel like someone is out there watching me waiting to attack me or kill me :oops:

kyle

Banned
I think Iron Maiden explained this condition best when they wrote:

I am a man who walks alone
And when I'm walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark.

Fear of the dark,fear of the dark
I have constant fear that something's always near
I have a phobia that someone's always there

Have you run your fingers down the wall
And have you felt your neck skin crawl
When you're searching for the light ?
Sometimes when you're scared to take a look
At the corner of the room
You've sensed that something's watching you.

Have you ever been alone at night
Thought you heard footsteps behind
And turned around and no-one's there ?
And as you quicken up your pace
You find it hard to look again
Because you're sure there's someone there

Watching horror films the night before
Debating witches and folklore
The unknown troubles on your mind
Maybe your mind is playing tricks
You sense,and suddenly eyes fix
On dancing shadows from behind.

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have a constant fear, thought you heard
I have a phobia that someone's always there.

When I'm walking a dark road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GaKoCuobU

gobbledegook

yeah great lyrics :D I hate walking alone in the dark at night too...well you dunno who is about these days :wink: lol

moodygoo

kyle said:
I think Iron Maiden explained this condition best when they wrote:

And when I'm walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark.

I have constant fear that something's always near
I have a phobia that someone's always there

Have you run your fingers down the wall
And have you felt your neck skin crawl
When you're searching for the light ?
Sometimes when you're scared to take a look
At the corner of the room
You've sensed that something's watching you.

Have you ever been alone at night
Thought you heard footsteps behind
And turned around and no-one's there ?
And as you quicken up your pace
You find it hard to look again
Because you're sure there's someone there

Watching horror films the night before
Debating witches and folklore
The unknown troubles on your mind
Maybe your mind is playing tricks
You sense,and suddenly eyes fix
On dancing shadows from behind.

I have a constant fear, thought you heard
I have a phobia that someone's always there.

When I'm walking a dark road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28GaKoCuobU

lol thats exactly what I started singing in my head when I saw the topic title. ty for the link.

I used to get this really bad when I was younger and used to suffocate myself under my bed sheets. I had a certain fear on friday nights for some reason... :roll: I still rush back to my room at night but I'm not as bad as I was. I guess I gradually realised that nothing bad happens and my light switch is a click away :) Its just instinct kicking in.

creep_x

as a kid I was always afraid of the dark, i wud always feel theres some1 hiding below my bed or behind the curtains in the window. Maybe freddy :p
I wud get nightmares no1 can ever imagine. At times I 'd get so scared that i wud prefer not to sleep.
But then I also realized that fear (of the dark) turns me on, i love the chill i feel in my spine. It makes me feel alive :|

I don't remember the full thing but I read this in a book called "the voice of the night"-
"Colin was genuinely afraid that there was something watching him. The night was an abode for the 1 which slithered & crawled. It was a home for the desolate & the forsaken. The night had ears & eyes. It also had a mouth. It had a hoarse, squeaky voice. The night spoke of unspeakable tthings. It spoke of graveyards, ghosts & swamps. If you listened carefully tuning out the doubts of your mind, you could hear the voice of the night."

I would love to visit a graveyard or a haunted house but not alone. Wish I cud meet som1 who cud accompany me :|
F**k i love night & i love getting scared, its fun ;)

LostViking

It's not really the night or darkness I'm scared of, but it has a tendency to give my brain fuel to frighten itself. I guess I manage to associate it with stuff like characters from horror movies and such, and as soon as I've strafed the memory of something like it I'm bound to get stuck with those thoughts. These days I avoid all asian horror movies, and all the western ones inspired by them. Not because they have to be too scary just there and then, but because I know I'll get served something that will literally come back to haunt me :oops:

lil_ladii85

Re: ..

creep_x said:
as a kid I was always afraid of the dark, i wud always feel theres some1 hiding below my bed or behind the curtains in the window. Maybe freddy :p
I wud get nightmares no1 can ever imagine. At times I 'd get so scared that i wud prefer not to sleep.
But then I also realized that fear (of the dark) turns me on, i love the chill i feel in my spine. It makes me feel alive :|

I don't remember the full thing but I read this in a book called "the voice of the night"-
"Colin was genuinely afraid that there was something watching him. The night was an abode for the 1 which slithered & crawled. It was a home for the desolate & the forsaken. The night had ears & eyes. It also had a mouth. It had a hoarse, squeaky voice. The night spoke of unspeakable tthings. It spoke of graveyards, ghosts & swamps. If you listened carefully tuning out the doubts of your mind, you could hear the voice of the night."

I would love to visit a graveyard or a haunted house but not alone. Wish I cud meet som1 who cud accompany me :|
F**k i love night & i love getting scared, its fun ;)

its weird cuz i love horror movies and i love being scared by them and evrything having to do with the paranormal that stuff all intreges me, but when it comes to being in pitch darkness i just freak, And freddy krueger scares the crap out of me, im still terrified of him to this day, but im thinking that has to do more with a childhood experience i had!

lil_ladii85

LostViking said:
It's not really the night or darkness I'm scared of, but it has a tendency to give my brain fuel to frighten itself. I guess I manage to associate it with stuff like characters from horror movies and such, and as soon as I've strafed the memory of something like it I'm bound to get stuck with those thoughts. These days I avoid all asian horror movies, and all the western ones inspired by them. Not because they have to be too scary just there and then, but because I know I'll get served something that will literally come back to haunt me :oops:

I cant watch any of the japenese horror movies or the re-makes either, after seeing the grudge that just freaked me out so bad, i had nightmares for like 2 weeks after that thinking that every lump in my blanket was the dead girl waiting to kill me lol :oops: