feel like i'm not able to do it

anonimmmo

i don't have many goals, just a few, but those few i'm unable to achieve them because of my social phobia, inconfidence, etc

right now my only goal is to find a job, but i'm not able even to ask for applications, i'm terrified with the idea of dealing with people, i would love if i can find a job where i don't have to deal with people, please help me, this would be my first job
take care

FaymeLevy

I'm in the same situation right now. The only thing I could think of, since it would be my first job too, was working as an overnight stocker during X-Mas for Target. My Mother worked there for a long time years ago and still has friends there that are managers and could get me the job. So I said I would do it. Then I spent the next 2 weeks thinking about how horrible it would be because the only person there that I know would be my mother's girlfriend, whom I don't get along with anyway. So i panicked and told mom to forget it, I cant work there. So im back at square one...sorry I can't help..just felt the need to vent as well. It's very frustrating.

Primus

I understand completely. I found it very difficult to walk in somewhere and ask for an application and it took alot to get courage to walk in. And I know for sure I couldn't handle working a cash register or something. I have been able to put in about 7 applications and none have called me back. Try some of these jobs:

Working at department store (JCPenny, Kohls, ect..) unloading trucks in the back.

Stocking shelves in a grocery store

Stocking shelves in any type of store

Cook at a fast food place

These are only things I can think of.

Or you could think of getting a job as a cashier and think of it as a goal to help overcome SA somewhat.

Egmanns

I used to find it difficult also, but now its doesnt worry me in the least. Its all about hard work. the more you put in the more you get out.

black_mamba

anonimmmo said:
i don't have many goals, just a few, but those few i'm unable to achieve them because of my social phobia, inconfidence, etc

right now my only goal is to find a job, but i'm not able even to ask for applications, i'm terrified with the idea of dealing with people, i would love if i can find a job where i don't have to deal with people, please help me, this would be my first job
take care

Stock work in general (handling the goods rather than the customers) is very non social and sounds like a perfect start for you. It worked for me.

Packing, sorting, loading that sorta thing. There may be other workers about, but you're not forced into speaking like a sales position. Try local newspapers or local jobs websites, that's where I found my job. :) Good luck.

IceLad

I think one of the traps us social phobics fall into, is that we have a tendency to overthink. I would just go out there and do it, as overthinking just paralyses your decision making.

I've lost count of the number of times where I have just dithered and dithered and not made a decision, as I've gone into every single little detail possible.

Good luck!